Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How much does a HVAC/R Mechanic make in a month?

Well I all way wondering just exactly how much does an HVAC/R Mechanic from entry-level to senior employee make in a month before/after tax? I'm now currently taking a program for HVAC but I'm right now just in my first month in to the program. I know you guys probably make around $15-$30 an hour right? Just exactly how much do you make in a month before/after tax though?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
    Well I all way wondering just exactly how much does an HVAC/R Mechanic from entry-level to senior employee make in a month before/after tax? I'm now currently taking a program for HVAC but I'm right now just in my first month in to the program. I know you guys probably make around $15-$30 an hour right? Just exactly how much do you make in a month before/after tax though?
    No real answer for that it all depends on what part of the country you are in, what area of the trade you want ot work in and how dedicated you are to your job. Some areas you make $10.00 to start, others $15.00 or more.

ditto
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    No real answer for that it all depends on what part of the country you are in, what area of the trade you want ot work in and how dedicated you are to your job. Some areas you make $10.00 to start, others $15.00 or more.
    well I know that but just a guess wouldn't you say around $2000-$5000 a month? Maybe more or less? The median salary for HVAC/R is around $16 hr the least is probably $10 like you say depend on the country and what area too, but wouldn't you say around $2000 more or less?

I make around 40k a year in Austin Texas.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

How hard do you want to work?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

wages are also based on non union and union shops and dont forget residential or commercial. in seattle if your not making 75k+ a year in commercial your not working hard enough
    Experience
    Is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

A positive attidude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodrob View Post
    wages are also based on non union and union shops and dont forget residential or commercial. in seattle if your not making 75k+ a year in commercial your not working hard enough
    really? 75K a year for HVAC in commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    How hard do you want to work?
    work as hard as can 12hr a day or what ever it take, but what does that have to do with how much you make in a month or year?

well what is the average income for HVAC because I read on the www.Salary.com it say for entry level HVAC Mechanic they make around 40K for senior employee with 10+ year experience they'll make a round 50-60K a year. Is this number actually right or they just guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
    work as hard as can 12hr a day or what ever it take, but what does that have to do with how much you make in a month or year?
    Everything.

JohnnyD, If you're basing your career choice strictly on money, you won't last. It's not an easy gig. Especially when you first start out. There are techs making 6 figures and techs barely making enough to survive. Same goes with owners of companies. Entry level, mechanic you may make 40k if you're good and put in the time. Figure on 1-2 years as a driver, helper, coil cleaner, before you become an entry level mechanic
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Just remember that it is relative to the local cost of living as other guys have mentioned. Seattle is a pretty expensive place to live. Washington in general taxes our asses off! I know a union guy in Colorado that makes over 100K with overtime! But there again, expensive to live there.....

I know a few residential guys who make 100K doing residential work in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. They are few and far between though. Most resi guys around here make 45K to start and top off around 75K. Commercial HVAC is a bit higher and commercial refrigeration higher still. As mentioned, the harder you work and the faster you learn, the more money you will make when compared to local costs of living. Keep in mind that most of those generic salary sites are giving base figures. There is no overtime, on-call extras, bonuses or spiffs figured in to those numbers in most cases.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast