Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A/C Leak Freeze

I can't find any information on any stop leak for hvac that discusses any compatability issues. I am here because a home warranty company said they had good luck with it.
    Trane says it voids their warranties, Auto techs say it messes up their recovery equipment.
    Ever talk to someone who lost money in Vegas? They only remember the time when they were winning and you have to pry out the story how they lost it all back in spades. It's going to take more than "good luck" stories to convince me to use the stuff. I'm not using it until I see documentation.

A/C Leak Freeze?

found this stuff being advertised on http://www.achrnews.com/articles/119...rigerant-leaks

always thought sealers were crap and death for any system. working on an old R-22 system that has a leak with a hard to access copper run under a craw space.

system holds 150 psi nitrogen for hours. but R-22 will leak out after several months.

It's better to fix a leak the old fashion way but the sealers work quite well. I have systems out there running for years after adding sealant. I doubt that the sealants kill compressors even after some rare compressor failures shortly after adding sealant. The compressor failures have more to do with acid build up over time, system abuse (dirty coils) or running a long time low on refrigerant than on adding the sealant.
    I add the sealant only in old systems to extend the life of it.
    Have not seen any negative effect on my tools either and I keep them for years.
    It's a lot of hoopla about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    It's better to fix a leak the old fashion way but the sealers work quite well. I have systems out there running for years after adding sealant. I doubt that the sealants kill compressors even after some rare compressor failures shortly after adding sealant. The compressor failures have more to do with acid build up over time, system abuse (dirty coils) or running a long time low on refrigerant than on adding the sealant.
    I add the sealant only in old systems to extend the life of it.
    Have not seen any negative effect on my tools either and I keep them for years.
    It's a lot of hoopla about nothing.
    which brand sealer have you used successfully?

many times Cliplight Super Seal, it's everywhere available in town
    used once A/C Leak Freeze sample with success, but it's not available in town

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    many times Cliplight Super Seal, it's everywhere available in town
    used once A/C Leak Freeze sample with success, but it's not available in town
    thanks... got a R-22 system that's got persistent leak. have gone thru it in detail with H-10 and big blue. pumps down to 340 microns, holds 200 psi nitro for hours.

traced problem to buried in concrete copper lines with no access. don't like it, but it's time for a sealer.

will be giving Cliplight super seal a try...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234