Why I don't drink out of fountains or get ice in my drinks. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vzenuh View Post
    I have wondered that too. I wouldn't say most,,,,but many customers compain about the cost a normal cleaning. The run it till the heath department inspects em and gigs em for their dirty IM, then a service call is issued.

I would love to see a real world time lapse video of a IM in the places where we see bad things happens. BTW,,,, how long is the lumiice good for?

But just selling them on the price prob would be the hard part, lol.

I guess its human nature to run it till it breaks.
    They say to change the bulb once a year.
    They also say it will work best on a new machine........ Sounds like you can not start off with a slimmer and expect anything.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

i recently cleaned a machine & was questioned as to why i removed parts & soaked them. also why did i have to use a chemical to circulate in the water or scrub the machine interior when no 1 has ever done any of this before. this was a very busy establishment, with a very very dirty machine. this manager has no issue spending money to clean a machine either might i add. not only are the end users not properly educated in machine maintenance . . some so called techs & refrigeration guys are too

I can't recall the number of times I've heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by vzenuh View Post
    BTW,,,, how long is the lumiice good for?
    It is good for 12 months. It does not just go off but at 12 months the bulb starts fading and needs replacement.

The pink slime is yeast, a sure sign employees are not washing their hands, after going to the bathroom. Don't blame it on a gender, as both have yeast in their systems.

i dont get it. how can yeast go inside the machine Please explain. we might all enjoy the explaination (-:
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    The pink slime is yeast, a sure sign employees are not washing their hands, after going to the bathroom. Don't blame it on a gender, as both have yeast in their systems.
    Please Go more into this I am sure alot of people are wondering what you mean?????EH

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I hope you released that pink snot into the wild. It's a living thing you know. Sure would hate to think you killed it.
    According to "MicrobeWiki, our very own government has done this.
    They filled balloons of the bacterium Serratia Marcescen, then exploded them over SanFrancisco to track it's growth. Then found out it was a possible cause of pneumonia, and urinary tract infections.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Yummy I'll take coke no ice

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1335557618570.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  23.9 KB

Sent from my amazing 4G device

Sorry but I'm not buying into the yeast theory. It's in the water supply.

Quote Originally Posted by upnort View Post
    Sorry but I'm not buying into the yeast theory. It's in the water supply.
    Have you ever been to a panera or other bakery. Check those machines after 4 months and tell me you don't "buy it"

My pic was not yeast related.

I've seen the pink slime many times and it was never in a bakery. Maybe bakeries have issues with yeast and crap growing in their machines but all the ones I've seen were in convience stores, and bars, no yeast there. MadHat was saying the yeast was coming from people not washing their hands after using the bathroom, he wasn't talking about bakeries. Sorry, still not "buying it"

Quote Originally Posted by upnort View Post
    I've seen the pink slime many times and it was never in a bakery. Maybe bakeries have issues with yeast and crap growing in their machines but all the ones I've seen were in convience stores, and bars, no yeast there. The OP was saying the yeast was coming from people not washing their hands after using the bathroom, he wasn't talking about bakeries. Sorry, still not "buying it"
    I don't know anything about people not washing their hands. Guess I should have read a little deeper. I was merely referencing the fact that areas with allot of yeast in the air tend to have ice machine that have thing growing in them at an alarming rate. This is where I would recommends luminice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast