Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've got a Williamson gas furnance and I can't find any info on it. My HVAC man thinks he can put an A coil in from a new heat pump/AC but he's not sure if there is enough air flow. I can't find any info about Williamson furnaces on the web. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Williamson was made in Cincinnati. It is probably very old. Most of them had drum type heat exchangers and blocked the air flow somewhat. My suggestion is to replace that old williamson with a new more efficient unit and the A/C will be no problem at all. BTW Williamson is out of business in Cincinnati.

My boss sold Willies for 25 years. Tanks! If you can come up with a model # I can tell you the specs.

If you got the old "True" Williamson, remove the front cover (Burner area) and the model Sticker should be on the right hand side.

I've worked on many Williamson 5-in-1 furnaces. That's more than likely a belt drive furnace. It's gotta be 25+ years old, if you're adding A/C you're gambling. They will probably have to do re-wiring to the furnace so it will accomodate the A/C.

My suggestion? Rip it out and get a new furnace too.
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

A model number would be handy. I think that Goodman was building the Williamson gas furnaces for a few years.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Purchased in 1991 by Sunderland which was purchased by Hupp industries in 1990 then purchased by hupp, assets acquired by MetzgerMachine Corp milwaukee, wi., manufacturer of hvac equip. under Milwaukee Thermoflo trade name. If this doesnt help have one more book, to lazy to go get it.

Got the model number

Thank you all very much for your advise. I have the model number now: WU47122N21. It was located on the inside right panel as described. The house is 20 years old and when it was built natural gas was not available in the area. The gas furnace was added some years later. It sets right next to a York heat pump that is 20 years old. That's what I plan on replacing.

manufactured in 1987, 125,000 btu. not sure of the blower size, but would suspect 5 ton.

that is pretty old, you may want to consider replacing at the same time. at the very least have it looked over thouroughly.

Probably one of the old Preway 90s. Should have plenty of blower. This furnace became the 1st Trane 90 as A-S/Trane bought Preway's design. Check the heat exchanger carefully, they liked to split open!

I am trying to figure out or assign an efficiency for a 1980 Oil fired Williamson Tempomatic High Boy design. Anybody have a suggestion where I could find this or what it may be. Thanks

Williamson Tempomatic efficeinys

I am trying to figure out or assign an efficiency for a 1980 Oil fired Williamson Tempomatic High Boy design. Anybody have a suggestion where I could find this or what it may be. Thanks

As far as annual efficiency which affects the oil bill, I'd say around 60%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast