Armstrong Seal Bearing problems

Hey all, wondering if anyone else has experience Armstrong seal bearing premature failures? I've had a few problems recently with a few of my buildings with seal bearings lasting only 6 months max. At first i thought it was poor water quality in in the boiler since a few buildings don't have water treatment. But today I had an issue with a #3 Armstrong seal bearing installed in Sept 2011, it was on the domestic hot water recirculating pump.

Next question would be how do you find the B&G seal bearings? I also heard Honeywell makes one, any thoughts. Any other brands you might recommend?

Brian

What series pump are you dealing with? We've got 4300 series vertical in-line pumps with high seal failures... bunch of these pumps around 2 years old and all have had problems....

I dont like amrstrongs period, their pumps are junk. replace it with a Grunfos.

Smile

I agree with V. We have many sites with them and were are constantly having them rebuilt.

You get what you pay for!
    "My hands are for sale"

I have four 150 HP 4300 series pumps. All have had motor bearing failures, bushing failures and shaft failures. They sit on a skid designed by Armstrong. They run on frequency drives. All pumps have very strong resonances that produce high vibration at speeds in the desired operating range. The severe vibration causes bending of the motor/pump assembly about the motor bracket. Have any of the failures you have noticed occurred on variable speed systems? Have any of you experienced high vibration on the motors or pumps?