Trane YCD300 Restriction

Hello Guys, I have a customer with a Trane YCD300. The second stage is freezing up at the orfices on the evap coil. Do you know if these can be removed and a TXV installed? Or if there is a tech support line at Trane. The local Dist. used to offer help but now only want to send out one of there service guys.

That was a recommended fix from Trane on early 2000 line of voyager RTUs.

Trane Voyager

Do you know where I can find info on that repair. The local trane dist. is no help they only want to send their service guy.

"There are 10 types of people in the world.. those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Quote Originally Posted by dstrong View Post
    Do you know where I can find info on that repair. The local trane dist. is no help they only want to send their service guy.
    Contact your American standard part guys they will be more incline to sell parts than service and have the same parts.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Call trane parts and ask for txv kit. They will need to know how many outputs are needed on the distributor.

I just reread the post. When you get the kit, you will see what you have to do. As far as trane, be more than happy to tell them you will by parts from midwest trane. They dont want you to call them and find out how bad they have bending you guys over all these years..