Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    H10pm is my make sure detector, I got the adapter that makes it 115v if battery dies.

I have better luck with 410a with my d tek I think their both good detectors, h10 gets you pretty much to the spot, but sometimes having the longer wand makes it easier to get backside of coils with d tek select.

the new infacon tec-mate that i have seems to be holding up good, has been more accurate than the old fieldpiece i had before.

Quote Originally Posted by nacoomer View Post
    In the market for a leak detector. Recently purchased an Inficon Whisper but am very unhappy with it. Bought it since its ultrasonic but it wont pick up ANY leaks. had 2 that i missed that I found with a normal leak detector. Also liked that since its ultrasonic it will do gas but apparently it wont find any leak. anyone got an recommendations on a good leak detector?
    sorry you wasted your $$$ in the Whisper, pure junk, I tried one and returned it right away.
    read good reviews about the Tif ZX, bought one and love it, Johnstone sells it and if you dont like it,they take it back, the h-10 is a classic although is bulky and not very practical.

leak detector recommendation

Was hoping there would be more responces from more people. I am in the market for one also (have an old CPS 780 that says, yeh there is some loose freon, but cannot narrow down location, are there senors that can be updated?). My question is , is it worh buying an older used H10, like are there parts that wear out making it unreliable or is it better to get a new one (big$$), or one of the cheaper $100 -$200 other brand detectors? I know soap and bubbles ,but I really appreciate technology and my ears don't hear high pitch sounds anymore.
    Thanks
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    H10pm is my make sure detector, I got the adapter that makes it 115v if battery dies.

I have better luck with 410a with my d tek I think their both good detectors, h10 gets you pretty much to the spot, but sometimes having the longer wand makes it easier to get backside of coils with d tek select.
    The battery in my H10PM is dead. Where can i get that adapter? Otherwise it was a great leak detector and never steered me wrong.

Ordered offline cant remember where,

Ahead adapter
    E194707
    Hope that helps

Btw my h10pm found a leak that me d tek select couldnt , kinda was upset so if you havent bought one go h10 or another.

http://www.toolsource.com/battery-ch...rceid=googleps
    Last edited by Thomasg; 04-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    Ordered offline cant remember where,

Ahead adapter
    E194707
    Hope that helps

Btw my h10pm found a leak that me d tek select couldnt , kinda was upset so if you havent bought one go h10 or another.

http://www.toolsource.com/battery-ch...rceid=googleps
    I've found this several times before.

I'm at the point where I will no longer use the D-tek Select.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Them's fightin words, partner.

There is NO difference between the H-10G and the H-10PM except for the battery.

Both are incredibly sensitive and the H-10PM that I have has a sensor heat calibration feature that allows you to be 100% certain that the sensor is adjusted properly before you begin.
    Is the sensor and pump interchangeable between the two models?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

H-10PM

Yea JP , I will be trying my h10 on small for 410a next time d tek officially back up now i just spent close to 400 to find out the hard way .

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Is the sensor and pump interchangeable between the two models?
    The sensor is.

I don't know about the pump.

Just bought a new d-tek select as my old one was giving too many false possitives. Not sure yet if it will work any better, but something I did notice about the d-tek is it will not pu on weak concentrations of refrigerant. Added 1/4Lb R-22 and ran up 200psi w/nitro. Didn't pu a peep, pulled a vacuum and it started to leak down. Juiced up again w/nitro and found large leak at evap(mh quick connect) and one at the suction line at comp with soap.

Quote Originally Posted by mlock
    Just bought a new d-tek select as my old one was giving too many false possitives. Not sure yet if it will work any better, but something I did notice about the d-tek is it will not pu on weak concentrations of refrigerant. Added 1/4Lb R-22 and ran up 200psi w/nitro. Didn't pu a peep, pulled a vacuum and it started to leak down. Juiced up again w/nitro and found large leak at evap(mh quick connect) and one at the suction line at comp with soap.
    Sorry you bought a Dtek.

Best of luck to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast