+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leak detector recommendations?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Them's fightin words, partner.

There is NO difference between the H-10G and the H-10PM except for the battery.

Both are incredibly sensitive and the H-10PM that I have has a sensor heat calibration feature that allows you to be 100% certain that the sensor is adjusted properly before you begin.
    Is the sensor and pump interchangeable between the two models?

Post Likes
    H-10PM

Post Likes
    Yea JP , I will be trying my h10 on small for 410a next time d tek officially back up now i just spent close to 400 to find out the hard way .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Is the sensor and pump interchangeable between the two models?
    The sensor is.

I don't know about the pump.

Post Likes
    Just bought a new d-tek select as my old one was giving too many false possitives. Not sure yet if it will work any better, but something I did notice about the d-tek is it will not pu on weak concentrations of refrigerant. Added 1/4Lb R-22 and ran up 200psi w/nitro. Didn't pu a peep, pulled a vacuum and it started to leak down. Juiced up again w/nitro and found large leak at evap(mh quick connect) and one at the suction line at comp with soap.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mlock
    Just bought a new d-tek select as my old one was giving too many false possitives. Not sure yet if it will work any better, but something I did notice about the d-tek is it will not pu on weak concentrations of refrigerant. Added 1/4Lb R-22 and ran up 200psi w/nitro. Didn't pu a peep, pulled a vacuum and it started to leak down. Juiced up again w/nitro and found large leak at evap(mh quick connect) and one at the suction line at comp with soap.
    Sorry you bought a Dtek.

Best of luck to you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Sorry you bought a Dtek.

Best of luck to you.
    My D TEK Select does not react to my H 10 reference bottle at all. I think it is R11 if I am not mistaken.

Post Likes

Not for that

D-Tek select won't pick-up R-11 unless it is a large concentration.- GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga1279 View Post
    D-Tek select won't pick-up R-11 unless it is a large concentration.- GEO
    This is correct.

HOWEVER, the D-tek select is still not the detector that the H-10 is.

I have a thread elsewhere on this site with pictures of leaks that TWO D-tek selects missed that an H-10 found in minutes.

It's easier to operate, yes, but that ease of operation comes at a price, and that price is sensitivity.

Post Likes
    I didn't read this whole thing but I posted on one of the other ones about it. I'm with jp h 10 all the way, a little cumbersome but it will never leave you hanging . I've never knock on wood had a leak I couldn't find with it .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I too have wasted money on a d tek. I used an old 115 v h 10 for years no problems. Since i started using the d tek I have missed several. I just sent my h 10 off to be rebuilt may still use my d tek sometimes but will always get my h 10 out for the hard to find ones.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mlock View Post
    crap... this may be my problem .. using a D-tek, cannot find a problem R-22 leak. added 5 oz R-22, 200 psi nitro ... D-tek barely picks it up when I did a test at port.

just serviced my old H-10B with General Electric logo in front.
    hopefully H-10B will do better than D-tek.

Last edited by cy; 04-27-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Post Likes
    You know it will. You bought the other one just because it was cool

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Had a young tech over the house this evening, he likes to visit and ask lots of questions (he thinks I'm a lot smarter than I am). He was having problems w/his tek-mate being too sensitive (he thought). Any way, he got it out and I ran it past my gauges, and it picked up on one hose. I tried it out several times, and it only went off on the one connection. I pulled out my D-tek select, the new one, and it wouldn't pu the scent. I thought the tek-mate was inferior to the select. Anyone else ever compare the two? I'm saving my $ for an H-10, just curious about the tec-mate.

Post Likes
    I have a JB LD-5000 that I use and let some other contractors use. Have not had any complaints and have not yet not be able to find a leak. Its able to adjust sensativity range and can show you the intensity of the leak. Plus the handle starts to vibrate when you start getting close to the leak. Works on most refrigerants from HFC to HCFC. You can look it up on JB's website.

Post Likes
    Sounds like h10 is a winner! No complaints yet from anyone

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bee View Post
    Tif ZX-1 or H10.
    x2
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in