Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Working for 17% of the ticket in residential

How difficult would it be to make a decent paycheck at a large national residential company that pays on commission only.?? I have a job offer from them.. They say some of their techs make 100k if they sell maintenance plans and things like that.. Then some only make 40k. I mean to make a 100k that means you would have to produce 600k annual sales. Is this realistic? They run about 10 guys and up to 20 in the busy season. Kinda hard to determine true income potential..

Quote Originally Posted by jmiles View Post
    How difficult would it be to make a decent paycheck at a large national residential company that pays on commission only.?? I have a job offer from them.. They say some of their techs make 100k if they sell maintenance plans and things like that.. Then some only make 40k. I mean to make a 100k that means you would have to produce 600k annual sales. Is this realistic? They run about 10 guys and up to 20 in the busy season. Kinda hard to determine true income potential..
    Forget it.

If you don't sell enough you will be one of the 10 guys that only work in the busy season.

Service Experts?

I should clarify, if you love selling stuff more than solving problems, maybe you would be happy with this job.

ouch. techs are supposed to fix stuff, whiile sales guys sell. a tech that is given that much leeway would seemingly sell a soul to get rich. not all would, but i know it would be a thought. seems like a bad idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiles View Post
    They run about 10 guys and up to 20 in the busy season.
    This right there is reason enough to forget this job offer. Will you be among the ten to work 12 months a year, or among the ten who gets let go come Sept or October?

If thats the people suggested by Chuckcrj they came to visit our class last fall. Bad vibe, not very forthcoming. As far as I know no-one is going there. One guy from the school went there and did okay a few yrs ago for a while, left for other reasons. Got the impression turnover is v high and can't recruit from other firms due to reputation. Have to recruit from 500 miles away or more ? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by tjc76 View Post
    This right there is reason enough to forget this job offer. Will you be among the ten to work 12 months a year, or among the ten who gets let go come Sept or October?
    If he can make alot of money in the summer, he maybe okay. Just think!!! 17 percent of a compressor change out times 50. Where do i sign up? Serious, 17 percent isn't enough. Ask for 30 percent!

Search for the outfit online

The numbers just don't seem to add up. If I worked 6 days a week for 50 weeks that means my service truck would have to bring in $2000 a day and $12,000 a week to every week to hit 600k
    Annual sales . Could supeman hit these numbers..

If an average call is $200 that is $34 in my pocket with drive time could be 3 hours roundtrip if on call and had to leave and return back home .

why don't we openly name the co? Is it against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    why don't we openly name the co? Is it against the rules?
    Good question

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast