HVAC guy needs Ref Experts opinion.Tecumsah high amps at start.

First thing refigeration guys I am 25yrs hvac not refrigeration so, I am asking for your expert advice. A building I take care of has a tennant that has lost two compressors in six year old unit.This is a walk in freezer. One of our service techs condemened compressor after changing all start components. Compressor was pulling 85 amps at start but, not starting ,then tripping breaker. There has been a new compressor installed with matching start components. The system is 404a. The unit seems to run ok now but,looking for more suggestions. The compressor does pump down and shut off when case is satisfied. The compressor is two stories fom case.There has been no other reported issues such as case temp,defrost etc.The compressor starts at about 75-80 amps peak at start. It does start. Runs at 11.5 a. What kind of Pressure, SH and SC should we run? Would you suggest a CPR? Any other suggestions are welcome. I keep it cool. You guys keep it really cool. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by OhioTech View Post
    The compressor is two stories from case.
    That jumped out at me- if the CU is 2 stories above the box, are there oil traps in the suction line? If not, the compressor might be losing oil and locking up.

More equipment info and box size/temp would help.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

I was thinking the same thing. If you have any of the old compressors, pour out the old oil if there is any in there.

Where is the LL soloniod valve? At the evap, or at the CU? Is there a suction line accumulator?
    You are saying that the new comp has high starting amps, did you check the incoming power connections and wire size?
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

PS, apply for Pro so you can put threads like this in the Pro forum.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall