Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Standing commercial freezer

    Hello... Freezer not getting cold. Maybe low on R134a... With freezer on, Low side pressure 60 psig. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,367
    you sure it's running? lol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,859
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    you sure it's running? lol
    Yeah... really.... if it is running doubt if it is pumping.

    Maybe the OP can give us more details. Compressor information and amp draw, Model of the machine, high side pressure and so on.

  4. #4

    Standing commercial freezer

    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    you sure it's running? lol
    Yes its running... Compressor and both fans are operating. I check the defrost timmer and it cuts off and cuts on the compressor. The liquid line leading into the evaporator is frosting up... but the temprature inside of freezer is about 58 F. I've charged the freezer once and it stayed cold for about 6mos. Any suggestions?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil EC
    Posts
    10,092
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj21667 View Post
    Yes its running... Compressor and both fans are operating. I check the defrost timmer and it cuts off and cuts on the compressor. The liquid line leading into the evaporator is frosting up... but the temprature inside of freezer is about 58 F. I've charged the freezer once and it stayed cold for about 6mos. Any suggestions?
    With a 60 psig suction pressure running R134A there shouldn't be frost anywhere. Check your gauges.

    If you had to recharge it once before, I'd say it's low on charge again due to a leak...or possibly the capillary tube is plugged up.

    A lot more info is needed to say much more than that.

  6. #6

    Standing commercial freezer

    Thanks... Will re-charge and check the cap tube.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,817
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj21667 View Post
    Thanks... Will re-charge and check the cap tube.
    Will you be using a scale to do this ? How will you be checking the cap tube ?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    With a 60 psig suction pressure running R134A there shouldn't be frost anywhere. Check your gauges.

    If you had to recharge it once before, I'd say it's low on charge again due to a leak...or possibly the capillary tube is plugged up.

    A lot more info is needed to say much more than that.
    Thanks... Will re-charge and check cap tube.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,998
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj21667

    Thanks... Will re-charge and check cap tube.
    I wouldn't be messing with the charge until I found out why my pressure was so high.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,058
    Not to

    But I am wiring up a refrigerator...

    Does anyone know where I need to hook up this red wire?

    Thanks in advance..!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    664
    dont worry about the red wires , theyre extra
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Not to

    But I am wiring up a refrigerator...

    Does anyone know where I need to hook up this red wire?

    Thanks in advance..!
    Red wires can be attached to any wire UNLESS it's white or green.

    60psi low side for a freezer? Maybe its 410a.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    385
    Throw a block of dry ice into the freezer and let that freeze the product. Don't waste your time putting more refrigerant into the system. This way is dummy proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event