A/C running-air handler shut off-condenser continued to run

Hello, new to the site, would appreciate any help. My A/C was running and then the air handler shut off but the condenser continued to run. The house was not cool (not a stuck contactor) and now the air handler wont come on. I am getting voltage on both sides of both transformers (its a gas furnace) and the only way to turn on the air handler is the switch on the handler. It is an older unit (no board), and the switch has 3 positions (ON, OFF, FAN). It would normally be in the ON position, but currently the only way the handler will turn on is in the FAN position. I am steadily checking different parts, t-stat is next, but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be sweet.

Need more info! Like brand,model number and your occupation?

I work in the fireworks business but am a universal certified technician thru Esco. Trying to do a little bit of this work on the side as it is somewhat seasonal and so is my job in fireworks. Its new to me though, so still have a lot of learning to do. The unit in question is the one at my house, not there right now, but will get the model # for you a bit later. Appreciate the help.

Welcome here bigfleen.

Thanks buddy. Here it what Ive got:
    Nordyne
    MGHA-075ABFC-01

If you repost in the Tech to Tech chat area you will get a lot more response.