Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I might be wrong, I don't think you have to call the factory and get a admin password to clear the acc surge map. All you need is the service password and acc map clear password which are in the optiview service instructions. The Procedure should be in the system calibration section. Pretty simple, before you clear verify flows are correct if you haven't already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I would make that my last resort, after verifying all flows and operation are indeed correct. If you reset the acc map your machine may or will become a little unstable till enough new data is collected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Henpeck says, you do not need an admin code to clear the surge map. The design of the mapping software is such that if there is a condition that causes the machine to surge is eliminated (i.e. dirty tubes) then the chiller should not see that point in the future and shouldn't affect the map. That is what is supposed to work in theory.

Truth is, surge maps get corrupted and need to be cleared. The procedure to clear the surge map is pretty straightforward and it is in the VSD service manual.

Clearing the surge map occasionally doesn't really hurt. Yes, it has to "relearn" the surge curve, but it's far from being unstable. The chiller will run into the surge area and will map the points as long as the system is "stable". Set the stability to 7000 after you clear the map.

The "Admin" code IS required on ALL single line panels. The Opti-View panels have the password in the manual.
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

( Kids ! )
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Well, Richard, if you knew your York model numbers you would realize that a "J" series YT comes with an Optiview panel. The admin code of which you speak is only needed to enter data on the "Sales Order" page as well as to alter the number of starts or run hours of the chiller. Admin codes are specific to the software and are good for the day they were issued.

There was no admin code for single line panels. There are codes that aren't published (and I know all of them), but admin codes didn't come out until the advent of the Optiview panel which is found on ALL "J" and "H" series York YTs. After working for York and then JCI for a total of 27 years I think I have a decent grasp of the product line especially the centrifugals.

What is the surge count at? Clearing a surge map does not fix the chiller unless it has too many to slow down. Where is the P/P running when he is watching it? Need more info before clearing the map.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Quote Originally Posted by RichardL View Post
    Yes...It tries to find the best "Sweet Spot" for maximum eff. Sadly enough the "Sweet Spot" is very close to the surge locus. Once it detects a surge, it accelerates beyond that point and logs those conditions into memory on the ACC board. It is not uncommon for the chiller to log thousands of surges during its learning process. Sadly enough should a problem "Ever" exist with non-condenseables which could create a possible surge, the ACC board logs that possible perfect condition of vane position, motor speed etc. as a surge locus and will never accept that position again. To reset the "Surge Map", the factory must be contacted and a lengthy procedure with a York technician and the factory must be established to access the ever changing "Admin Code". Don't bother to memorize the access code he/her will use as it will only be good for a very short period of time. The "Admin Code" gives full access to all the deep logic stored in the B-Ram and could create havoc should someone mess with the core logic.
    Wrong. The surge map password is good at any time. there is a separate PW that is different from ADMIN. Trust me. I use it everytime our competition controls company screws up a chiller plant ( correct, They do not know how to write a program for controlling condensor water temp) and they fill up the surge maps. Otherwise they should not need to be cleared. But as to the post about the password. There is one that does not expire. The customer needs to call for factory support to make sure everything is ok before it is reset.

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    Well, Richard, if you knew your York model numbers you would realize that a "J" series YT comes with an Optiview panel. The admin code of which you speak is only needed to enter data on the "Sales Order" page as well as to alter the number of starts or run hours of the chiller. Admin codes are specific to the software and are good for the day they were issued.

There was no admin code for single line panels. There are codes that aren't published (and I know all of them), but admin codes didn't come out until the advent of the Optiview panel which is found on ALL "J" and "H" series York YTs. After working for York and then JCI for a total of 27 years I think I have a decent grasp of the product line especially the centrifugals.
    Thumbs up!!. Been 5 years for me on this ride. Ran off 3 Branch managers and know we have one that knows his stuff. He probably will get run off by Corp with our luck!! It's amazing how much better a branch runs when you have a decent manager and nobody is walking on eggshells!!

Quote Originally Posted by yorktek37
    The customer needs to call for factory support to make sure everything is ok before it is reset.
    Not sure I completely agree with this statement. I no longer work for the factory, but am 100% confident my knowledge of the product line would produce above par results.

I'd like to hear from the OP to find out what happened.

Not sure I completely agree with this statement. I no longer work for the factory, but am 100% confident my knowledge of the product line would produce above par results.

I'd like to hear from the OP to find out what happened.
    It was not an insult. If you want to take 100 percent responsibility in it then thats your choice. If you are former factory then move this thread into the pro's forum. But good luck on getting the password. I won't give it out under any circumstances.

But good luck on getting the password. I won't give it out under any circumstances.
    Already know it, my friend.
    If you want to take 100 percent responsibility in it then thats your choice.
    100% resposibility for what? The surge map is empty when the chiller arrives, right? I wholeheartedly agree one doesn't want to go in and clear the surge map on a yearly basis, but it certainly doesn't ruin the chiller if it's done on occasion. York chillers are fairly hardy with regards to being able to take a surge and the surges that occur when building the map are generally fairly tame.

I'd move this to the Pro Forum, but I don't have keys to the kingdom.

Already know it, my friend.
    100% resposibility for what? The surge map is empty when the chiller arrives, right? I wholeheartedly agree one doesn't want to go in and clear the surge map on a yearly basis, but it certainly doesn't ruin the chiller if it's done on occasion. York chillers are fairly hardy with regards to being able to take a surge and the surges that occur when building the map are generally fairly tame.

I'd move this to the Pro Forum, but I don't have keys to the kingdom.
    Keys to what kingdom. The Admin should move it upon request. And as for the code,, keep it private. It kills me to see machines with +1000 surges and they keep clearing the map. Fix the problem which is usually condensor waterflow and or temp related. I usually try to keep the condensor water temp as cool as I can get it. Provided its above 55 deg f.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast