Thread: Rational ovens

Post Likes

Rational ovens

Anybody know how to obtain their service manuals? Rational guards them like they'd hide a mistress, anybody know how to get one?

Post Likes
    Their website leaves a lot to be desired. All I can suggest is calling or emailing them. Whether or not they'll hook you up with a service manual, I can't say.

While we're on the subject, it's puzzling to me how some manufacturers gladly offer their service manuals while others guard them as if they're top secret. For example, Ice-O-Matic offers owner/instruction manuals, service manuals (along with service bulletins) and training videos! How cool is that?

On the other hand, Hobart/Traulsen, like Rational and many others, offer very little, if any, service help in the way of literature. Some customers have their own in-house service technicians and may have purchased thousands upon thousands of dollars of their equipment, not to mention parts, yet they won't let go of a service manual. I finally was able to pry loose a Hobart dishwasher service manual form Hobart after many emails. I'm still working on Groen. They offered to sell me a $50 service manual on CD for one of their steamers, but I refuse to pay for a manual on a CD or in a PDF file. I might buy a printed version, but that would depend.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in getting your manual. Let us know how it goes.

Post Likes
    I have been looking for one for carrier for sometime now.. I have one for trane communicating units.

Post Likes
    Here you go.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53215889/L...al-Oven-Manual

Oops. this is operator manual, not service

Post Likes
    They are generally only available if you take their training, and on the service portal website which you need a password for. About the only thing you can do is call them and see if they will send you one.

Post Likes
    They have a DVD available for purchase that has all their manuals.