Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charcoal or Gas

Charcoal or gas? How about both?

I rarely use the gas. Mostly during the wintertime because I can get a more consistent heat while grilling. I also have a Brinkman gas smoker. It's not insulated so smoking during the winter is a PITA. Year round, I found the best results is to smoke for an hour and finish off in the oven. I like a mix of hickory and apple chips for pork. I've attempted to try and smoke fish a # of times and never once been successful.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Charcoal or gas? How about both?

I rarely use the gas. Mostly during the wintertime because I can get a more consistent heat while grilling. I also have a Brinkman gas smoker. It's not insulated so smoking during the winter is a PITA. Year round, I found the best results is to smoke for an hour and finish off in the oven. I like a mix of hickory and apple chips for pork. I've attempted to try and smoke fish a # of times and never once been successful.
    I always finish in the oven. I like to get a couple hours of heavy smoke into the meat to get a nice smoke ring then wrap in foil leaving the ends open, pour fruit juice in(almost any will work but i prefer apple or orange), then close the ends and throw it into a 180 deg oven for as long as I can wait. Let it rest for an hour and its like butter

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347623685.465550.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  88.1 KB snow crab and shrimp on the smoker! First time trying it and it turned out great with apple and cherry wood.

Mmmmmm. Nice lookin meal right there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123