Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

possible conversion

Ya got to love the enviro's. So I have a building with a big national chain that has two trane rtwa that are r-22 (11yrs old), so for the company to get the green leaf status the units will need to be changed to 134 or be replaced. the question is, can those units be converted or do I get to replace them with a newer version.

You get to replace them.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

They can't be converted to 134A.

Is it still Trane's policy to not convert any Trane R22 equipment?

Wow, only 11 years old too. Sell those puppies on the used market. Might fetch enough to cover installation costs at least.

Hey, what size are they? I assume pretty large. Any chance they are 100-200 Tons?

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    They can't be converted to 134A.
    Nothing is impossible, usually it is a question of the cost.

In this case it is more the conversion is not supported by the factory and the approx 30% capacity loss associated with the conversion. If you can locate literature for ERTWA in the European market which operated under accelerated HCFC plase out of the Montreal Protocol you will understand why I say this (B20 IM 004E).

ERTHA also was available on HCFC22/HFC 134a out of Epinal/Charmes but only HCFC 22 out of Pueblo. There are specific procedures required for the conversion and efficiency/capacity losses which reduces chlorine emissions and direct GWP.

Does indirect GWP come into considreation under the green leaf status?
    Necessity is the mother of invention

MO-99 aka R-438a. Maybe is that a flooded evaporator or DX?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

The RTWA evaporator is DX, next issue affecting refrigerant conversions as the RTWA microprocessor measures refrigerant temperatures and converts to saturated temperatures for functional control. So the new refrigerant properties need to be selected in the configuration.
    Necessity is the mother of invention

the machines are 90 ton. and yes indirect GWP comes into consideration under the green leaf status. I will do some research on the web and see what I can find. If anybody has some specifics that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by nique View Post
    the machines are 90 ton. and yes indirect GWP comes into consideration under the green leaf status. I will do some research on the web and see what I can find. If anybody has some specifics that would be great.
    Well I looked on the web and all of the R-22 replacements seem to have a larger GWP than R-22.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

ya thats about what i found, thanks for looking.

What voltage are the rtwa and are they in good shape and last question are they for sale

What's wrong with 407c?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast