Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    forgot the hot snot reffer too but don't see much of it any more thankfully
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Well think im gonna pick me up one of those Tif's for my 1st detector. Been debating and researching for to long.

Well it arrived today and it looks good. I will try it tomorrow morning in an old store that I will be working on. Hell after the battery charges I might test it out. Tonight I will order an extra sensor just to have it in case the one it has fails. I will update you guys how good it is after a couple of days of use.

Quote Originally Posted by manny2326 View Post
    Well it arrived today and it looks good. I will try it tomorrow morning in an old store that I will be working on. Hell after the battery charges I might test it out. Tonight I will order an extra sensor just to have it in case the one it has fails. I will update you guys how good it is after a couple of days of use.
    Nice, where'd you get it?

i got it at amazon.com

BTW, if you got a kit that didn't come with it, don't bother getting the optional battery charging station.
    All it is is another 120v to 12v adapter like came with the leak detector, and a plastic base that a battery and the 12v adapter plug into. It doesn't charge the battery any faster than charging it the normal way...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

If you only get the detector it wont work while plugged into the AC <bummer>
    There is a battery life indicator though
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I will just use the 120v to 12v transformer that came with the kit. I read that the battery should last 4 hours.

What is the difference between the ZX and the ZX-1?

what what I have read the zx is the latest model and they shorten the warranty from 25 to 3 years. The lights on the zx are horizontal instead of vertical and the pump has been improved.

Quote Originally Posted by manny2326 View Post
    what what I have read the zx is the latest model and they shorten the warranty from 25 to 3 years. The lights on the zx are horizontal instead of vertical and the pump has been improved.
    Cool, thanks man.

I have had a tif ZX1 for a couple of years now, loved it and had no problems with it until about 3 weeks ago, was looking for a leak and the battery died, charged it up and came back to the unit to finish leak checking and the unit would not work. sent it for warranty repair and get told that it was going to cost me more than 2/3 the cost of a new one to repair it. Bought a Fieldpiece heated diode unit to replace it, I could put up with the false readings if the ZX1 tip was hit, and all the other little issues because it really found the leaks, but with a 25 year warranty that does not seem to cover much that was the last straw. Goodbye Tiff no more products from you for me. Hello Fieldpiece, you have stood by your products for me.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky05 View Post
    I have had a tif ZX1 for a couple of years now, loved it and had no problems with it until about 3 weeks ago, was looking for a leak and the battery died, charged it up and came back to the unit to finish leak checking and the unit would not work. sent it for warranty repair and get told that it was going to cost me more than 2/3 the cost of a new one to repair it. Bought a Fieldpiece heated diode unit to replace it, I could put up with the false readings if the ZX1 tip was hit, and all the other little issues because it really found the leaks, but with a 25 year warranty that does not seem to cover much that was the last straw. Goodbye Tiff no more products from you for me. Hello Fieldpiece, you have stood by your products for me.
    One the counter guys at Johnstone told me there having issues with the heated diode detector made by FP, according to him techs are returning them cause they work intermittently, that steered me into purchasing the ZX.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast