Is This Evaporator Coil Right

An HVAC contractor has proposed the following:

Rheem model RGPE07NBRQR furnace
    Rheem model RAEL037JEC condenser. (That 37 is probably supposed to be 36)
    ADP coil model RE47636E210B2922AP

This is supposed to provide a 16.5 SEER. As a consumer Id like to know if this combination would do that. The number of different coils produced by ADP is shocking and I cant find anything in their specifications that would help matching a coil to the furnace and condenser the contractor is proposing. I cant find anything about this anywhere else on the Internet either. I hope this is not just a matter of faith in HVAC contractors. How can consumer know hes getting what hes paying for?

4355314 That's the AHRI #. RARL-037, furnace and ADP coil.

www.ahridirectory.org

Quote Originally Posted by sneuberg View Post
    An HVAC contractor has proposed the following:

Rheem model RGPE07NBRQR furnace
    Rheem model RAEL037JEC condenser. (That 37 is probably supposed to be 36)
    ADP coil model RE47636E210B2922AP

This is supposed to provide a 16.5 SEER. As a consumer Id like to know if this combination would do that. The number of different coils produced by ADP is shocking and I cant find anything in their specifications that would help matching a coil to the furnace and condenser the contractor is proposing. I cant find anything about this anywhere else on the Internet either. I hope this is not just a matter of faith in HVAC contractors. How can consumer know hes getting what hes paying for?
    It's common for Rheem dealers to use ADP coils. As long as its an AHRI match that is about as much as you should expect aside from properly sized equipment, installed correctly with the appropriate sized duct work...

So yes it pretty much does come down to some measure of faith that you are hiring the right contractor. Good luck.
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Faith in AHRI

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter844 View Post
    It's common for Rheem dealers to use ADP coils. As long as its an AHRI match that is about as much as you should expect aside from properly sized equipment, installed correctly with the appropriate sized duct work...

So yes it pretty much does come down to some measure of faith that you are hiring the right contractor. Good luck.
    After some hunting I fould the AHRI site. http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ultSearch.aspx.

I believe this is an excellent resource for consumers who are skeptical about all HVAC contractors. If a contractor proposes some combination that doesn't show up in this database at least he can ask why.

Of course if the proposed combination of equipment does match at least the consumer get a warm fussy that a higher power agrees. But then it is a matter of faith in AHRI. It's probably the best a consumer can do.