Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well the installer was out today and said the system was running fine - he made no adjustments! The only thing he said could possibly have happened was that some(?) of the thermoststs were set to "Auto-changeover" so that maybe a zone was making a cooling call while another zone was making a heating call and it would confuse the system(?) So he turned the auto-changeover off. I have my doubts that is what the problem was but we will see.

I did contact Tech support for Rheem in Tacoma and they seemed very interested in helping any way they could - we'll see how it goes...

Um I don't think so - in commercial zoning is a frequently used setup - even here allot of commercail guys get confused.

there's still a problem.

If a system gets requests for heat and cool at the same time it will or should select one function to preform and close off the zone(s) calling for the oppsite function or not calling for anything. There may be a priority selection in place where the unit chooses heat first over cool in this event then after 20 mins it switches over to cool if there's still a cool command. The heat cool prioity may be selectable as well for the south state/ north state applications.

Good luck a good controls tech should be able to sort you out
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Most equipment manufacturers will divorce themselves of any responsibility for a system if it has a 3rd party zone control system installed.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Our latest experience with this system from H3LL has really blown my mind.

After repeated calls to Zonex and our installer, they finally came out and replaced the Zonex controller this week . But the last few days my wife and I noticed that the system was running CONSTANTLY and was not cooling the house down. So this morning I crawled under the house and chcked the staus lights on the controller and it showed that along with cooling indications, the status LED for the auxilary heat was on! So for the last week the system has been cooling and heating at the same time!

I ready to be put into a padded cell...

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by mparkes
    Our latest experience with this system from H3LL has really blown my mind.

After repeated calls to Zonex and our installer, they finally came out and replaced the Zonex controller this week . But the last few days my wife and I noticed that the system was running CONSTANTLY and was not cooling the house down. So this morning I crawled under the house and chcked the staus lights on the controller and it showed that along with cooling indications, the status LED for the auxilary heat was on! So for the last week the system has been cooling and heating at the same time!

I ready to be put into a padded cell...

Wait till you get the bill for both of them running!Ouch!

You said this is a new home. Did you hire the HVAC contractor directly or did the Building Contractor? If the builder hired the HVAC you might have warranty remedies or dispute resolution through them.

My only advice is don't stop complaining until it is right and document everything.

Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    The only other thing I will say is that I have always maintained that zoning pretty much sucks. Those who completely understand it are few and far between. The ones who like to dabble in it usually end up making a mess of things. Maybe your guy is an expert and this one is just jerking him around. I don't know. However, I do know that zoning is a beast of another nature, and not for the average guy.
    Ouch...Zoning Sucks?

The ones that completely understand it do becouse they realize the benefits of zoning and they educated themselves in the art of zoning.
    Unfortunatly very few manufacturers (zoning and unitary) have truley taken the time to understand zoning and figure out how to apply it to provide "comfort", the product our industry is supposed to be selling.
    Zoning in it's simplist form can be very easy to sell, install and set-up and the end results are very positive.

It sounds like the technician does not have the knowledge required to get things right. He needs to call Zonex for tech support first to make sure it is not a zoning set-up or control issue and then if need get the equipment folks involved.

jr

>>> Ouch...Zoning Sucks?

At this point I would agree. I am considering just abandoning the zoning and just put in a second system upstairs. I figure I can put the zonex controller on ebay and get maybe $5 for it.

>>> Zoning in it's simplist form can be very easy to sell...

It was easy to sell to us. We knew nothing about zoning , it was the installer that recommended it to us.

>>> It sounds like the technician does not have the
    >>> knowledge required to get things right. He needs to
    >>> call Zonex for tech support first...

They are in touch with Zonex. Over the past year they have replaced the controller twice, and have made at least 20-25 trips out to the house after we call complaining that the system isn't working. I have become so frustrated that I am considering going to school to learn the trade so I can work on it myself.

jr [/B][/QUOTE]

honeywell

i know i'll get an argument, but i have quiet a few customers singing my praises.you guys are right, you can't just wire it up and leave. takes an extra 1-1.5 hrs to do a good start-up, especially since 13seer.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12