Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shack View Post
    Chuck65

What are your thoughts on Veto bags--besides the fact that they cost 4 times more than a CLC?
    I have never heard of a single complaint on a veto. I prefer an open top type tool bag(which veto does sell).make sure that you look at the empty weight of the tool bag before you pick one to carry everyday,up and down, everywhere full of tools.You get what you pay for.Quality is not cheap.
    Local 234
    Have Gauge$ Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck65 View Post
    I have never heard of a single complaint on a veto. I prefer an open top type tool bag(which veto does sell).make sure that you look at the empty weight of the tool bag before you pick one to carry everyday,up and down, everywhere full of tools.You get what you pay for.Quality is not cheap.
    I've done far too much research on this simple decision. I changed from "hip bags" to a carry bag in the last month. Hate to ditch the new bag in favor of the Veto but... My current bag weighs 2 pounds empty compared to the 11 pounds of the open top LC. That puts my tools and pouch up to just shy of 40 pounds. I'm 6'3" 220 pounds so I should be able to handle it but...

I'm an electrician and think the open top bag will work much better for me. I'd hate unzipping the bag everytime I just needed a few tools from the bag. I've also ordered a pocket caddy by Occidental Leather that fits in the rear pocket of your jeans. Has 4 pockets and should hold enough tools for a trim out or rough in.

I've heard that Veto's prices are going up in mid October. Is that true? I see that an open top LC can be bought for $130 post paid. Good price? Any advantage to getting the XL--weighs 3 pounds more and is 3 inches longer.

Thanks for the input.

Just dropped the hammer on the occidental leather 5585 journeymans tote, I will leave feedback once I have used it for a while

I bought a Veto XL early this year. Expensive and heavy... and I won't trade it for any other bag I've ever had.

1. I live in a snowbelt. I hate snow, or rain for that matter, throughout my kit. The zippered sides are fantastic. It is also nice that when you unzip the sides right down, it exposes nearly every tool I have! Because it is enclosed, my tools don't rub on the side of the buildings either, nor is there any chance of them falling out if it gets tipped a bit.

2. I can throw, dump, push, drop and tip this bag into the back of my truck without ever worrying about a) the stuff even moving inside of it, b) it splitting a zip, the base, a seam or the material. It is one tough b****r.

3. It is heavy, but extremely and surprisingly comfortable to carry. When I am standing around with it, I put it down. I got a free carabiner from Rigid some time ago (two actually) and attached it to the side of the Veto and use tie straps to attach things, like filters, vent motors, etc, to the side to carry up ladders if I don't or can't use a rope.

4. I carry an 18V drill, a Dremel, my Totaline clip-on meter and a multitude of other hand tools and electrical connectors. I even carry a hi and lo side gauge, without manifold and hoses, for quick checks. I guess this is an individual thing. I see the ladder as the weakest link of my calls. I fell off one once, hard, so, even though I am good and fine on them, I don't dawdle on them. The Veto carries most of what I need to make minimum trips up and down.

5. They are expensive. But, you ain't gonna buy a new Impala for the price of a Cobalt. Simple: You get what you pay for. The qualify is better than anything else I have seen. This makes a big difference. The first thing I did with the last 4 or 5 pouches or bags I bought was dump the straps that came with them in favour of my old trusted one. Not with the Veto. Their shoulder strap is great. Their handle is even better for hoisting with a rope.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

had the Veto LC for almost 3 years , loved the bag at first as well but decided to go back to the good old leather tote, and i can't see myself ever changing to anything else

Quote Originally Posted by gruntly View Post
    I bought a Veto XL early this year. Expensive and heavy... and I won't trade it for any other bag I've ever had.

1. I live in a snowbelt. I hate snow, or rain for that matter, throughout my kit. The zippered sides are fantastic. It is also nice that when you unzip the sides right down, it exposes nearly every tool I have! Because it is enclosed, my tools don't rub on the side of the buildings either, nor is there any chance of them falling out if it gets tipped a bit.

2. I can throw, dump, push, drop and tip this bag into the back of my truck without ever worrying about a) the stuff even moving inside of it, b) it splitting a zip, the base, a seam or the material. It is one tough b****r.

3. It is heavy, but extremely and surprisingly comfortable to carry. When I am standing around with it, I put it down. I got a free carabiner from Rigid some time ago (two actually) and attached it to the side of the Veto and use tie straps to attach things, like filters, vent motors, etc, to the side to carry up ladders if I don't or can't use a rope.

4. I carry an 18V drill, a Dremel, my Totaline clip-on meter and a multitude of other hand tools and electrical connectors. I even carry a hi and lo side gauge, without manifold and hoses, for quick checks. I guess this is an individual thing. I see the ladder as the weakest link of my calls. I fell off one once, hard, so, even though I am good and fine on them, I don't dawdle on them. The Veto carries most of what I need to make minimum trips up and down.

5. They are expensive. But, you ain't gonna buy a new Impala for the price of a Cobalt. Simple: You get what you pay for. The qualify is better than anything else I have seen. This makes a big difference. The first thing I did with the last 4 or 5 pouches or bags I bought was dump the straps that came with them in favour of my old trusted one. Not with the Veto. Their shoulder strap is great. Their handle is even better for hoisting with a rope.

I use the leather IDEAL tote it is great and have had it for 6 years!

I am very hard on tools and especially tool bags

i usually get less than a year out of a canvas bag!

veto is good, but big and heavy!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

EBAY!

Ideal Tuff Totes

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1341428767488.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  55.5 KBthe ideal tuff tote has treated me well for many years. It has gotten cramped over time though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997
    Last edited by TriplePoint; 07-04-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12