Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060520/...pan_ozone_hole

i would like to thank Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster for their efforts in organizing the EPA controls,
    you're hard work has paid off.

It's nothing the EPA did, I just haven't been posting....Oh you're talking about the other hole .... NEVERMIND.

Unless there's another major volcanic eruption sending a couple million tons of HCL ozone killer into the upper atmosphere.

I hope that science never gives us the ability to control weather and climate. If it does, scientists will kill us all in a year.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skrewt

I hope that science never gives us the ability to control weather and climate. If it does, scientists will kill us all in a year.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Yeah, and they will let us know ahead of time that the evidence points to the fact that we're all gonna' die.
    Then, they will collectively blame God for not saving man from science's evil plan, since he had the power to help all along.

Its because Outsiderep cut back on his bullshi*ing.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

another factoid on whether those infamous
    DC crackheads should be relieved of their
    yarmulkes and fitted for something more appropriate,
    such as orange jumpsuits--- http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/cpquer...02&dbname=109&
    Pg. 324: "the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
    Tragedy & Hope, by Carroll Quigley

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Its because Outsiderep cut back on his bullshi*ing.
    Not possible, he'd blow up.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

The findings are based on a series of numerical simulations carried out by Eiji Akiyoshi of the National Institute for Environmental Studies, near Tokyo, using projected emissions of chlorofluorocarbons and other gases blamed for the ozone hole.

According to a report posted Friday on the institute's Web site, the hole is at its largest now but is likely to gradually start contracting around 2020 and disappear by around 2050.

The team's findings are in line with research by other scientists.

Some, however, have suggested the hole won't heal until much later because old refrigerators and air-conditioning systems — many in the United States and Canada — are still releasing ozone-killing chemicals. Both countries curbed those chemicals in newer products.

S.W.A.G.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

trend analysis makes the world go around.

get a grip, or get back to your fundamentalist-studies.

The only problem with the projections is that they "assume" that CFC's had anything to do with the ozone hole in the first place.

I only have one question:

If a guy sprays his armpits at sea level and the propellent migrates unhindered all the way to the upper atmosphere to kill ozone, why doesn't all the ozone generated by humans that causes ozone pollution migrate to the upper atmosphere as well?

BS is as BS does.
    The beauty of computer modeling is that you can make it say whatever you want.

I don't think so - Maybe computer modelling at the community college level.

Peer reviewed research is just plain old peer reviewed research.

Have you ever done a statistical test on a data set or cross-correlation amongst multiple sets?
    If these folks that publish their work were cooking-the-data, it would come out and they wouldn't receive another research grant as long as Osama remains at large...

look inside, you may find some more answers.

Two peers that agree does not guarantee truth. They may agree only because they believe the same lie.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

oh, good grief.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast