Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Likes
    i guess that makes him 100% wrong.

Post Likes

Ductwork Sizing

NO contractor should EVER increase unit capacity without doing a full load calculation and existing duct design analysis. Shame on Sears for upselling and a couple of you guys should go a little easier on the customer here. Credit him/her for at least contacting this forum after the fact. Everyone on this board has, at one time or another, made a decision based on incentives, i.e. no interest. Make Sears pay a reputable contractor of your choice to come out and do a heat load calculation on you home. If it shows that you need a 4ton, good, you've got one. Then give them the chance to upgrade your ductwork per the heat load calculation and if they give you any answer than "When can we start?" get legal counsel. Start with your local Better Business Bureau as they require their members to participate in arbitration to resolve situations like this.

Post Likes

Blower capacity

Need a model and serial number off of the furnace. You will have to remove the access panel in front. The sticker will be inside there either stuck to the inside sidewalls or facing you. Also, get a better picture of the evaporator coil (you are right, it's "b"). It looks to me like there was no mastic used on the duct connections and if it's only the foil tape it won't last for more than a couple of months, if you're lucky.

Post Likes
    You can tell him that is NOT the correct drier for the suction side. You can most likly get on the Alco web site & chase the model number of that drier .I aassure you 100% , it is in fact , a liquid line filter drier. Ask him whats up with that t-stat wire too . You my friend ,have just been visited by Super Hack Man . No two ways about it .

Post Likes
    Opened the service panel and took a pic of what I saw. There's a sticker that says EGC-2 status code:

A closer pic of the condenser:

Post Likes
    Take a pic of that sticker in your last picture of the "condenser", which is your air handler inthe attic. The model and serial number should be on a sticker on the outside of the unit, unless lennox is different than most.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    Model number should begin with G or 78, 88 or 90. About 8 digits, letters and numbers.

Also, there is only foil tape on that plenum transition. It will not hold. All seams should be made up with a mesh or cast tape and sealed with duct mastic which looks like real thick paint.

Post Likes
    ROTFLMAO!

Alco EK-307S is rated for 12.5 tons nominal.
    It holds 3 cups of liquid R-22.

Here's the manufacturer's link:
    http://www.emersonflowcontrols.com/w...er%20Drier.pdf

Wonder how long it had been rolling around on the truck???

Post Likes
    i wonder how long its gonna take before they yank that drier... or change the T-stat again... LOL! sad!

Post Likes
    I would print out this whole thread and send it to sears....let sears visit the site and see how many people come on here seeking information...

good luck with whatever happens in the future.

Sears takes advantage of people because of the credit card and because sears has been around a long time....guess people have forgotten about all the crooked sears auto work that was going on years back....they were ripping people off right and left.

Post Likes
    You think Sears cares ? 20 years ago , mabey . Turtle had a subject a few days ago about Sears 's subs tomfoolery. Let's try switching the t-stat to fan on for a while and see what gives . But that drier just HAS to be removed , HAS to be , or all this other work is done in vein .

Post Likes
    Guys,

I really appreciate all your feedback, suggestions, and comments. I have made my nth service call, and probably my last. I will ask for a refund and take care of the AC situation before the temps hit the upper 90s in our neck of the woods.

Post Likes
    A word of advice , don't ask , DEMAND a refund . They'll only keep yanking your chain. Belive me most of us ( contractors ) here are 200% legit . Don't feel like you're the only one that can be brutalized by a crooked A/C company. I'm in FL replacing my mom's unit as we speak . I live in TX. Super Hack Man visited her too . He's bad , he's nationwide , like ZZ Top said .Only I didn't belive them .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast