Abandoning All Pretense

Abandoning All Pretense

I don't know why we don't quit screwin' around with it, just go ahead and give the man a crown....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...s-preparedness
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Do you want to tell us, in a nutshell, what this changes?

If I'm understanding what I'm reading correctly, President Obama has done for private industry what President Bush did for private property. This looks to me like the next step down the Eminent Domain road. First they can take your property, then they can take your businesses, what's next... conscription?
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

It appears the kenyan is going to do whatever is necessary to stay in power and finish his assault on the United States as we know it. I highlighted the words below showing the gravity of this act.

Right now we are like the wild pigs in the story about letting your guard down and his lordship and leftists cronies have already erected three sides of the fence. The last side of the fence is November.

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

These are changes to past executive orders dated from the formation of the NSC, UN,Department of Defense etc of 1947 up until the end if the Gold Standard in 1971 which permitted the government to grow to the size it is today. And Trade agreements for buisness outside the US.

Every President has had his own agenda given to him by his advisors.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    It appears the kenyan is going to do whatever is necessary to stay in power and finish his assault on the United States as we know it. I highlighted the words below showing the gravity of this act.

Right now we are like the wild pigs in the story about letting your guard down and his lordship and leftists cronies have already erected three sides of the fence. The last side of the fence is November.

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;
    Where does that say anything about confiscating businesses? It talks about whether knowing business will be ready for emergencies and whether we are missing the boat on any capability.....that is all

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Where does that say anything about confiscating businesses? It talks about whether knowing business will be ready for emergencies and whether we are missing the boat on any capability.....that is all
    My post did not have anything related to confiscating businesses.

This act gives him the power to allocate resources to where HE and his LEFTIST cabinet member feels it is needed. It's all about controlling the sheeple. First make them dependent upon gov't for your healthcare, then restrict energy production to limit mobility, forcing the population to crowd together in urban centers where they are easier to control.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    My post did not have anything related to confiscating businesses.

This act gives him the power to allocate resources to where HE and his LEFTIST cabinet member feels it is needed. It's all about controlling the sheeple. First make them dependent upon gov't for your healthcare, then restrict energy production to limit mobility, forcing the population to crowd together in urban centers where they are easier to control.
    I know you didn't but you quoted part of what engineerdave referred to. The rest of it is pure conjecture with a bunch of irrelevant labeling. It doesn't speak to any of that stuff.