Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke19 View Post
    also the system worked fine for years before you, so now if no one worked on it, something else happened, so most likely the headmaster and txvs are right, so ask yourself what could have changed during this time if no one worked on it, and you will find the problem faster that way
    I don't recall reading whether this is an old customer or new one. Another company could have been out there working on it last week and f'd it up. Maybe the customer called his company out because they are frustrated with the other one.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

What's your ambient temp? Whats the RLA of the compressor?

I am very excited about this LOL... Yes, owner of this store had somebody who came to look at it... They come there every week and change something... I was there on the weekend and did not want to change parts. I explain to him we have to do it right the first time and we will need more time.. He doesnt want us to stay there too long and get big bill... We agreed that will come back on next week day ..... I looked at txvs and they are R22... Never had clogged condensor before or never changed headmaster berofe so maybe I need to look into that more.... When i charged my unit and reached full sight glass my headmaster was hot so was my reciver...There is a big kinck there right after reciver tho... I am thinking there is restriciton there But it was hot before and after kink Thanks for your help guys!!

My solenoid is open.. I put my screw driver on it and it does pull down.. This is one way i have been thought to check it... I also put this unit in defrost. When i do my solenoid closes and it goes to pump down. It pumps down okay... Unit located out side right next to walk in cooler... My abient temp was 70 and my tp chart says it should be 123. Thats correct but my cooler is not getting colder its still 65 inside

Quote Originally Posted by otto8
    My solenoid is open.. I put my screw driver on it and it does pull down.. This is one way i have been thought to check it... I also put this unit in defrost. When i do my solenoid closes and it goes to pump down. It pumps down okay... Unit located out side right next to walk in cooler... My abient temp was 70 and my tp chart says it should be 123. Thats correct but my cooler is not getting colder its still 65 inside
    With a properly functioning headmaster, your head pressure will have a minimum setting.

For R-22 that is typically 180.

If your receiver was HOT, I'm looking towards a bad headmaster

Hot receiver sounds like headmaster is bypassing hot gas and operating fine. I would torch receiver and check refrigerant level. You may be low on charge.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeastFromTheEast View Post
    Just a rule of thumb. When you have a receiver on a system you never want to charge the system by checking the sight glass for bubbles.
    Agreed. I never rely on sight glass to set charge only finish off once proper receiver level set. Very easy to overcharge system using sight glass only especially when dealing with high ambient temps.

Quote Originally Posted by otto8 View Post
    There is a big kink right after receiver. I am thinking there is restriciton there But it was hot before and after kink
    take your handy dandy flare tool , and clamp her ass down to make it round again... unless the line is too big around.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    With a properly functioning headmaster, your head pressure will have a minimum setting.

For R-22 that is typically 180.

If your receiver was HOT, I'm looking towards a bad headmaster
    Exactly why I said earlier could be incorrect headmaster or a dual pressure that someone clipped off the pigtail

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Exactly why I said earlier could be incorrect headmaster or a dual pressure that someone clipped off the pigtail
    and this makes even more sense now. Other tech clipped the pigtail on the dual pressure headmaster. Now instead of 180psi, it's a 100psi valve. Valve is still bad but the OP thinks because of a clear glass the unit is charged properly, when infact it's just bypassing at a lower pressure.

I just hope when I go bac there its not that kink LOL.. Now I am getting nerves... All I am thinking is what if I stay there all day and change headmaster, txvs, and new filter LOL SOMETHING IS BAD HERE and I sound like I started yesterday

The head pressure is too low. Don't worry about the txv's yet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast