Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks to all of you for help.. I am glad that I found this website to learn about HVAC-R... Kink was located right after the reciever.. It was bend pretty bad.... Owner took copper pipe to show it to the other guys who worked for 3 weeks and never fix it... Do you think companies do this on purpose just to come back and make more money??.. This is new costumer I will go back for PM next week they have a lot of issues on the other eqiupemnt.. To me it seems like there is other issues on this unit. Once I go back I will make sure that it has all correct starting components and its the correct headmaster.. Now that we are working on it we will keep log of what we did on that unit.. Once again thax to all of you for help.. If I have more issues on this I will let you guys know

I have to get back to this issue again guys.. Its just for learning purposes... Walk in is working okay. I have talked to one of our top techs and he has told me something like this.......

I will have to probably go back to this unit again. My headmaster is not letting me proparly charge beacuse it is still cold outside....

I really never learned much about headmasters but now it seems I will have to...

any thoughts on this????

Quote Originally Posted by otto8 View Post
    I have to get back to this issue again guys.. Its just for learning purposes... Walk in is working okay. I have talked to one of our top techs and he has told me something like this.......

I will have to probably go back to this unit again. My headmaster is not letting me proparly charge beacuse it is still cold outside....

I really never learned much about headmasters but now it seems I will have to...

any thoughts on this????
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    The above linked document will tell you how to charge a headmaster under ANY ambient condition.

It will take you a while the first few times that you do it, but it is not difficult nor terribly time consuming to do it once you get the hang of it.

Do you think companies do this on purpose just to come back and make more money??

YES. or the tech if there is commissions involved.

Quote Originally Posted by otto8 View Post
    I dont want to be parts changer. I would like to get this the fist time I go back to this service call on monday.

Call from Philips 66 Gas Station. Reason for call: Walk in cooler warm. I will try to give you guys as much details as I can....

When I arrived the first thing i check was my temp inside the walk in cooler. Temp is 65. I got two evap and each one got txv on it. Now that I know what I got inside I went outside to see my condensor. Everything is working but my suction line is not cold and my discharge is warm. Put my gauges on and found my suction at 20 psi and discharge at 120 psi. Looked at my sight glass and found it with lot of bubbes. I got excited I thought I know it was low on refrigerant. Put some R22 and watch my sight glass until it got all clear....My discharge pressure was still at 120..... So know I think I got restriction somewhere on my discharge line.. Hmm maybe txv or filter drier or maybe head master.... Checked my amps.. Three phase.. Check each wire to the compressor. one is 12. two 11 three 5....Hmm What else can i check.. oh yes let me see that txvs.. Put all the refrigerant in my reciver and checked my txvs.. I found the screens on txv half black and some small particals in it... Used my nitrogen to clean them out.. I can see through the screen. I think they are okay...Closed everything up. Recover all the refrigerant and pressurized it with nitrogen. NO LEAK. Pulled vaccum to 400 microns. New filter and refrigerant.... Charged the unit again.. Same issue my discharge is at 120 psi... What else can I do when I go back.. Possible kinck somewhere?? Compresor is bad... Never had to change headmaster before. Could this be possibilty??
    Otto8,
    Glad to see that you solved the problem in the end.
    However,I don't think that this compressor is a 3 phase unit with the amps that you are pulling.
    That 5amp reading is probably the starting winding current due to the run capacitor.
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345