Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool heaters

Pool heaters

Any of you characters know about these things? A cousin wants to have one installed on her 26,000 gallon in ground pool. Last house they had a Hayward. This place they got bids for that and Raypack. Looking at an online sizing chart, looks like about 300K input for her size. Any words of advice?

I personally am a big fan of raypak,easy to work on and fairly easy to find parts for.

Contact me and I'll put you in contact with the owner personally of a very good pool outfit company that ships all over the States if you want. He also sells all brands.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Keep the chlorine away from the boiler, as in not even in the same structure.

There is something with the chlorine fumes and combustion that causes a 2yr old boiler to look like a 20yr old boiler.

It eats up everything inside.

go solar

raypak. and can't store pool chemical inside the same bldg. it'll eat everything metal on it. and pool heater is money sucker...they run constantly or yea go solar.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Suggest solar backed up with a heat pump with titanium hx if you can't get enough roof area you need.

Larger has never really hurt anything. Most pool heaters are so inefficent that the short run time wont hurt. 8 - 10 years is typical life span. I like the Hayward product, havn't worked on much raypack pool heaters.

used to take care of alot of school and comm pool heaters. if its outdoors go straight solar it will give up to 3 months extended pool use with nothing other than panels

ot are any units made in indy anymore?

I have a Hayward H250 for 7 seasons, only thing I've had to do was replace a gas valve (which I was able to X-ref and bought at wholesaler).

The thing costs a mint to run however, If they can get away with a smaller unit I'd definitely consider a heat pump.

Warning...thread drift. I'd love to use my AC to heat my pool. I know it isn't going to happen.

Looking at an online sizing chart, looks like about 300K input for her size.

It must cost far more to heat a pool than a house. Solar must have a decent roi.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

@coolwine you could do it with a water source heat pump and an isolation heat exchanger so the wshp doesn't see chlorine water or a residential scale unit from dectron. The problem is a pool heating load may be lower than your condenser heat rejection, so you'll need an alternate heat sink either on the pool or the clean condenser loop. You could run a small cooling tower like a marley aqua tower on pool water since the water quality requirements can be made compatible (low acid high TDS/salt pool). It would also justify a waterfall for the pool since that would essentially be a splash fill cooling tower without a fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast