Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,036

    How can i test my new digital manometer

    Dual digital, supco DDM55.. and want to try it out.. now nothing in my apartment is gas

    anyone have and ideas. i was thinking of a slight pressure of nitrogen. it can convert to psi,inch h2o etc.
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    3,030
    Be careful with Nitrogen. That manometer probably will only read a psi or two.. You don't want to bust your new tool.

    Better Ideal. Drill a home in the supply and return duct of your air handler. Measure the TESP and see how much CFM's your moving!
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

    Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

    "Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Be careful with Nitrogen. That manometer probably will only read a psi or two.. You don't want to bust your new tool.

    Better Ideal. Drill a home in the supply and return duct of your air handler. Measure the TESP and see how much CFM's your moving!
    ahh yes never though of it. ill be right back
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,491

    static pressure tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    ahh yes never though of it. ill be right back
    Did you use those static pressure tips (see link below)?

    Anyone use them reliably for ESP?


    http://www.trutechtools.com/Dwyer-Ma...Tip_p_629.html

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Did you use those static pressure tips (see link below)?

    Anyone use them reliably for ESP?


    http://www.trutechtools.com/Dwyer-Ma...Tip_p_629.html
    nope i dont have those, i wonder how much it affects the accuracy.
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,036
    http://www.fieldpiece.com/manometers/sdmn5

    RMA316 Manometer Adapter
    Used for 5/16" pressure outlet ports.

    does anyone know if i can pick up some stuff at lowes to make this same outfit ?
    that size pressure port seems to be used alot of cooking equipment stuff. my meter uses the 1/8" barbs not the 3/16"s it comes with
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    3,030
    Lowes sells brass fittings for gas pressure testing..

    http://www.trutechtools.com/TruTech-...it-_p_630.html

    I own a Testo 510 and bought a kit similar to this except it came with some tubing..

    I recommend the static Tips. They work great and will last forever..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

    Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

    "Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Lowes sells brass fittings for gas pressure testing..

    http://www.trutechtools.com/TruTech-...it-_p_630.html

    I own a Testo 510 and bought a kit similar to this except it came with some tubing..

    I recommend the static Tips. They work great and will last forever..
    I have a similer kit from Tru Tech, but didn't immediately see how the supplied tubing (1/8 ") would work even with the little coupler. I'll make a trip to Lowes I guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event