Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nice install

This one is from a changeout that we did a little while back. It was pretty difficult to work on before and was amazing that it hadnt fallen through the ceiling yet. What finally did it in was a leak on the evap. coil that was unrepairable. I pressured it to 50psi, within about 15 min. it was down to 25. The condenser was also beat pretty good from hail so we were able to sell them a new system.

It's hard to tell in the pic, but the brace is pulled away about 1/2". The air handler was hanging from this brace.

Beutiful isnt it? Notice all the bracing that was cut out, there was barely anything holding up that ceiling joist.

The supply transition.

Not sure what was going on with the lineset. It went down, over, back up, back, and then up through the roof. Part of it rested on the lift-out ceiling tile.

This was the suction line up on the roof. I think the supply house had an overstock sale on copper connectors.

Condensate pump for the safety pan being held in place with duct straps. Funny thing was the second drain line was just laying up in the attic cut off.

Of course it wouldnt be complete without a run cap shot.

The electrical disconnect was properly secured.

I didnt get a chance to get any pics of the install. We flipped the A/H so the covers are on the other side. Service access is much better. We also braced up the ceiling joist and ran a new lineset that didnt have 200 connections. I also reconnected both drain lines and got rid of the condensate pump.
    Zach

WOW???????

WOW that is un friggin real. was this guy smokin something when he cut the roof trusses. It just makes me shake my head in disbelief, that he put on his engineering coat and said "oh we don't need this board here we have a 1x4 that will hold this up" Niiiice.

Don't Do the Job right, It makes life more challenging for the ones who Do.

Im speechless.
    It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.

~Albert Camus

Texas huh? You reckon that was one of those jobs Americans didn't wanna do??
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

why do people put condensate pumps in attics they dont belong there, I see it often and is the dumbest thing. They dont work good and always fail causing more damage

Cool...Is that the condensate draining right into the overflow pan? I really like that self supporting disconnect what an ingenious idea. And the condenser beeing installed on a pitched roof....I'm suprised they didn't start a trend with that one.

It looks like one of them craigslist people whose ads goes like this AC not cooling you need more freon.

I am willing to bet that copper line set was made of whatever scrap that could be found.

Quote Originally Posted by matticus View Post
    It looks like one of them craigslist people whose ads goes like this AC not cooling you need more freon.

I am willing to bet that copper line set was made of whatever scrap that could be found.
    LOL...It was probably water lines from their last demo job but they had plenty of coupleings

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    I'm sure that two years ago when the OP put this up in the WOS copper fittings were cheaper.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

You know......

...... I saw this bumper sticker recently. It simply said "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" and it's really become my favorite slogan. It kind of explains everything. Took me a while, though -- I'm slow.
    This is what happens when I take photos of things OTHER than bad A/C installations:
    Arizona. Photographed: http://community.webshots.com/album/563042864aIFjqw

Pretty Cool Toolbag

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4freak View Post
    The electrical disconnect was properly secured.
    At least its not attached to the electrical access on the condenser. I hate when they do that.

Talk about bringing a post from the dead. Although it's apparently more alive than it was then. lol

Pretty Cool Toolbag
    Thanks. It has been retired since then. Unfortunately, they dont make that style any more. I really liked it too, but it also wouldnt fit in the truck I have now.
    Zach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast