Thread: steamer scale

steamer scale

hey guys i looked at a
    aj antunes
    steamer scale
    m#sts-200cf
    s#10055663
    mfg #9100920

the unit was cycling on and off. (all power lights would go off) at first i thought that because it took a few minutes for it to happen it was a bad rocker switch. but after i installed a new switch it did the same thing. after checking further, i found that the high limit mounted to the bottom of the generator was opening. thus killing the power and shutting the unit down, until it cooled and reset itself.

so my question is at what temp should the limit cycle? does the generator cycle on a set temp? or does it run all of the time?

any help would be appreciated.

jeep

From the manual (http://www.partstown.com/is-bin/INTE...TS-200_spm.pdf)

Once powered, and provided that the generator surface temperature is below 375º F (190º C), the multifunctional temperature Control Board calls for heat by energizing its on board mechanical relay. Once energized, the mechanical relay closes its contacts, which allows line voltage to flow to the generator.
    As the generator begins to heat up, a 100 K ohm thermistor monitors the internal generator temperature. As the heat continues to increase, the thermistor’s ohms begin to decrease. As the internal generator temperature approaches 375-390º (190-198º C), the thermistor is generating approximately 790-665 ohms.
    The multifunctional temperature Control Board receives these ohms and then de-energizes the mechanical relay since the heating circuit is satisfied. Then, the mechanical relay contacts open, and the generator stops heating.
    The heating circuit cycles on and off as needed, even at idle. Once the generator is up to temperature (a state indicated by a steady “Blue” light), and if the pneumatic Air Bulb Switch is pressed and released to initiate a steam cycle, air is directed rapidly through the pneumatic hose which then activates a pneumatic switch.

Also, from the manual:

Problem:

Unit operates, but the front display intermittently goes blank then comes back on after several minutes.
    NOTE: The generator surface temperature is in excess of
    375° F. The hi-limit will trip at 450-470° F.

Possible Causes:

Faulty temperature Control board.
    Faulty thermistor.

manual printed..... thank you sir!

You're welcome. Hope it helps.