Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Couldn't find the leak..

don't use the crap. fix the leak like a professional. 10 years isnt that old for a unit.

I used nucalgons version one as a trial didn't hurt the compressor but didn't stop the leak either

Shot that cow, now chillin on my deck with the blues
    Testing....Signature on Full Site Forum

I've had to use it before at another company. I have used it with limited success when the leak was very minor, however plan on returning to recheck the system about a month later. If the system every had to be opened up in the future, you run the risk of plugging the metering devices and reversing valves. Also plan on replacing your gauge manifold set after use. We used this stuff frequently for a realty company and after every time my gauges locked up from it. I dont use it at all now, I prefer to fix the leak and know for sure that the leak is repaired.

You have to breathe a lot of galvanized to get sick. Used to get it all the time. (galvanized sickness) Milk is supposed to take the headache away

You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make him think. There are no short cuts in life. Stop leaks do not work. When the oil is trashed and the lubrication fails, the next guy will be replaceing the system or the compressor. The crap in the system will be ever lasting and cause problems forever.

Please don't even think there is a shortcut for success.

From what I have seen, stop leak should be outlawed and never used again anywhere, any place or any time.

I used that crap once on an old zone air wall mount heat pump .
    And it clogged the cap tube.
    I would not use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon Tech View Post
    You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make him think. There are no short cuts in life. Stop leaks do not work. When the oil is trashed and the lubrication fails, the next guy will be replaceing the system or the compressor. The crap in the system will be ever lasting and cause problems forever.

Please don't even think there is a shortcut for success.

From what I have seen, stop leak should be outlawed and never used again anywhere, any place or any time.
    Amen Brother!

What, you mean I can't take a little pill that will cure all the world's ailments? You mean that I ACTUALLY have to do my job?

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
    Amen Brother!

What, you mean I can't take a little pill that will cure all the world's ailments? You mean that I ACTUALLY have to do my job?
    I hope I didn't ruin your expectations. Unless you work for the government, you will have to work. Sorry for the pain and anguish. It is my beleif that you will find good and not the Evil.

it works, our guys never had a compressor locked up from it. maybe the compressor locked up because the lack of oil factor? think about it, if the products didnt work there would a huge law suite? we only use it when equipment is scheduled to be replaced. it will seal a leak if the leak is small enough that the entire charge is not lossed in 14 days.

I used it last summer on a POS(and that's an understatement) 35 year old+ Fedders RTU as a last resort as the leak was somewhere in the evap on the far side near the bottom corner against the cabinet. Cut a pile of fins to try to find it but was unable to. As the landlord was totally against replacing the unit and our customer was responsible for all repairs we decided to try NuCalgon easy-seal for the hell of it. It was a pretty significant leak but went back a few weeks later and the charge was still good. If it hadn't worked trust me it wouldn't have been. I wonder if part of the problem is that guys don't run the unit for an hour straight as per the instructions...might be the cause of it not circulating through the unit properly and then gumming up.

I would never use it on a good ten year old unit(young for a RTU) but IMO has it's place for a unit your just trying to get the last bit of life out of without spending a pile of money trying to fix it the right way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123