Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A waste of a good set of jumper cables....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

The feed side looks like aluminum wire, without and anti oxidation goo
    on the wire connections also.

I see no problem with it.

That reminds me of a no cooling call I ran on a rental property where the electric company had pulled the meter.
    The tenant pulled the cover plate off and hooked up jumper cables to the meter base to get power. Not even decent jumper cables, they were those ultra cheap ones like come in those $10 road emergency kits.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Happens every couple of years down here... someone has their gas cut off.. and the gas co takes the meter. Some idiot takes a radiator hose to jump the connection (of course there is no pressure regulator). House burns down and the media wants to make it the gas co's fault...

It amazes me what folks will do to 'beat the system'. If they exerted that much effort working... they could pay their utility bills...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I once found a gas meter jumped out with a bicycle tire inter tube that was secured on both ends with zip ties and electrical tape.

The renter knew the meter readers schedule and would put the meter back on a few days before they showed up.

Free gas for 25 or so days a month.

Idiot.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

he gets an F for poorly wrapped acorn splices!

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    That reminds me of a no cooling call I ran on a rental property where the electric company had pulled the meter.
    The tenant pulled the cover plate off and hooked up jumper cables to the meter base to get power. Not even decent jumper cables, they were those ultra cheap ones like come in those $10 road emergency kits.
    I once worked for a guy who had a pretty darn profitable woodshop. He had some exclusive contract to make walnut plaques for the navy, those ones with the insignias and squadron logos, and such. anyway, whenever we ran the shaper, he would pull the meter and jump it across with, duh.....jumper cables.

when the Utility found it, they said nothing...but watched and took notes.

when they finally had enough data, they popped him......and ESTIMATED the amount of juice he stole.......going ALL THE WAY BACK to when he got his business license.

Bankrupted him and the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrier is Cool View Post
    This is on the main disconnect at the service pole on a manufactured home. This isnt just for the HVAC, its for the whole home. Not to mention someone moved a new home with a 200 amp service in, and just used the 100 amp wire. Everything about this job is wrong and dangerous.
    At least the fire will start away from the home.

This would pass code in Mexico... Trust me.

what people will go throught to do the wrong things and then they are sorry for what happen down the road.

This doesn't shock me at all . I went to a friends house when I was younger to look at why their furnace kept tripping the breaker(s) in the house . I walk in and right off the kitchen is a furnace suspended from the ceiling , with a cardboard trunk , and coffee can ductwork . Needless to say , I told him he had bigger problems and walked away ! What had happened is this guy bought a gutted house that needed to have the gas line coming to the house repaired . Instead, he has his cousin(I think ) the "electrician " come over and this guy installs three electric furnaces in the house . The hanging kitchen one , one upstairs for the bedrooms , and one in the garage ! Yeah , all with the cardboard ductwork . That's when I knew I needed to find a better class of people to associate with

what the hell are they thinking about no type of safety ent that something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast