+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garden This Year?

Post Likes

Garden This Year?

My Lady and I decided this winter that we are so bad at growing except cactus that we'd have no garden this spring.
    Guess what she brought home. Yup, seeds, pots, and soil. Giddy-up
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Just started my first seeds tonight. Bush cukes and cherry tomato. Start them in big pots to grow by the big windows until they can go out on the deck in May.

Will start the rest of the plants under grow lamps later this month.

We are a little later in New York vs. New Mexico.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    ours is getting there. Plan on planting next month & eating all we can and sell the rest on Farmers market days
    Hubby built the hot boxes. We will have lots of tomatoes plus sweet corn & herbs too.
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    ours is getting there. Plan on planting next month & eating all we can and sell the rest on Farmers market days
    Hubby built the hot boxes. We will have lots of tomatoes plus sweet corn & herbs too.
    That's serious work. Someone must be good at it.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    That's serious work. Someone must be good at it.

we try to be & looks like it might be a successful year for growing a small acreage of veggies ! In these hot boxes are more than 2 people can consume
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    I am really questioning what I will plant being last year everyone around here with a garden ........ was a BUST. Had a ton of hot chillies of differant types but everything else other then rubbarb was slim compared to normal. Canned a lot of hot sauce and salsa but after that what was left for canning tomatoes was pretty slim. summers have been comming too late and not hot enough. Hate to admit I have been hording a lot of big cans of diced tomates fom dollar tree .......for the less hassel and price, thats where were at with tomatoes

Post Likes
    i tried to grow edamame this year. i think the seed company sold me field soybeans for 2.50/10. either that or i should have watered those little buggards more.

Post Likes
    well our gardens did very well this year. With over 400 tomatoes & 200 peppers plus an acre of sweet corn with 1/2 acre of Indian corn, beans(green), squash,okra & cucumbers it was a successful year I must say. Our really first freeze will be Monday night here in North Texas , but the freezers are full of food & we have been blessed to have such luck. Next spring will be allot different for not so much corn . But then again the corn is good for making my own shine
    also this spring I planted for the first time napa cabbage & Chinese radishes & I will plant them again.
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in