+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We Lost the Remodel Bid... To These Guys

Post Likes

We Lost the Remodel Bid... To These Guys

The customer was trying to save money. Times are hard for all of us. I get it.
    The following pictures came from the customer's In-House maintenance staff. Apparently they're feeling a bit of Buyer's Remorse. It's true, our Reno boys would have charged more to do that remodel, but they would've at least wiped & flushed on their way out.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    The 'ole "get what you pay for" thing!
    II Chronicles 7:14 Galatians 2:20 Ephesians 2:8-9

Post Likes
    I suspect the in-house maintenance staff wanted to go with you all along. People aren't prone to volunteer proof that they were wrong. Now the staff is stuck with correcting those problems, by either getting the contractor to fix them, or fixing them themselves. Or ignoring them while waiting for the inevitable to happen. Meanwhile, some "higher up" gets a pat on the back for saving money. Why shoot, maybe even a bonus.

Post Likes
    So much hackery in one job! Ridiculous!
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Well you get what you pay for.

Post Likes
    if thats the same market we were talking about i see more work coming your way before long. i have the same thing going on now with one of my slumlord clients only they are trying to resurect some old fedders equipment that goes back to the early 1960 era. off of sahara & the strip. the only
    thing fairly new on the bldg. is paint & lite bulbs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    if thats the same market we were talking about i see more work coming your way before long. i have the same thing going on now with one of my slumlord clients only they are trying to resurect some old fedders equipment that goes back to the early 1960 era. off of sahara & the strip. the only
    thing fairly new on the bldg. is paint & lite bulbs.
    Not the same job. This one was up around Reno somewhere. I wasn't directly involved, just shakin' my head at the pictures.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    its really quite sad that contractors like this are able to cunduct business. they do make the rest of us look good though.

Post Likes
    Don't see a problem. Everybuddy knows tha arrer points to the cernpresser.
    Damn phosgene

Post Likes
    How did they get the reciever to levitate? Magic?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Sure looks like they got what they paid for. You going to quote them a price to make it right now?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_K View Post
    Sure looks like they got what they paid for. You going to quote them a price to make it right now?
    It's waaaayyyy too early to have that conversation with the customer. They have to give 'the other guys' full opportunity to make things right.

It's our prediction that 'the other guys' will most likely not be invited to bid on future projects.

Post Likes
    HEY!!!!
    Where did you get my pictures !?!?

I was proud of that job....

Lol.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in