Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My cat urinated into one of my air ducts on the floor.. Now when the air comes on it smells horrible.. I tried to clean the pee out but I think it dripped down further than I can reach.. HELP.. how can I get this cat pee smell out of my vent..

You are going to have to find some body with a cart system to spray a sanitizer in the duct

Get rid of the damn cat! I have seen joists rotted out from cat piss.

I remember looking at homes to buy. If I got the slightest wiff of a cat, I would say nope not this one.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

go buy this stuff at your pet store its a spray for removing oder call natures miracle just spray it where the cat went dont need to wipe it up and it will kill the oder completely

Originally posted by dynalowrider79
    go buy this stuff at your pet store its a spray for removing oder call natures miracle just spray it where the cat went dont need to wipe it up and it will kill the oder completely

In the meantime put some vapor-rub under your nose.. It doesn't remove odor from house....just makes it hard for you to smell anything else...carried vapor-rub in my truck for over 30 years

i had a problem like this my yellow lab kept peeing on this one spot on the wall and i never could see where he was doing it but i smelled it and finally one day i saw but by then it was too late, soaked into the dry wall so went to my local pet store and they told me to use this stuff i sprayed it on a good bit of it because i had to make it soak in to the drywall but it removed the oder no smell at all excellent stuff not that expensive either and worth every penny

Easiest way to solve problem
    buy a liquid form sanitizer something along the lines of a product called benefect look it up online very good stuff put that into a paint spray gun and hook it to a compresser not a strong one doesnt matter and fog all the ductwork
    turn fan on and spray hot and cold sides and let it cycle through the house it will kill all bacteria and get ride of smell very easy

i use it all the time in my customers houses after i do a duct cleaning

Before our neighbor passed away he had 27 cats and no litter boxes in his home. I called Unsmoke and they were able to recommend some products to the new owners that did an excellent job of removing the odor.

http://www.unsmoke.com/

In a pinch you can use liquid bleach--just spray it in the duct. It will kill the smell and also keep the cat from urinating in the area.

Angry

coolwhip.... NOT a nice thing to say about the cat! it's not funny either... those with pets consider them part of our family so please refrain from saying things like you did here!

things happen, whether it's something being spilled down a vent by a child, or pet.. give considerate advice instead of get rid of the cat!

I am a cat lover (and dog lover too). I had a cat that soaked my welding leathers once. Of course I didn't notice it right away.... and since it was cold out they didn't stink for the couple days they were in my car. But.... that 1st day of the week when I threw them on, started working and both got them warm and broke a sweat (re-wetting those leathers)... OMG! I stunk so bad it wasn't even funny! I love my cat, but I swear I've never been so close to wanting to kill a cat in my life.

Fluffy didn't get hurt, but man I was ticked at that cat for a long time.

If you think getting that smell out of duct is bad, try getting it out of your skin!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

If the heat run comes from the basement I would remove the register boot & at least one section of pipe then replace it.I would keep the cat in a small area until he learns to only use the box.If he does not & continues to be a health hazzard for you coolwhip was right,get rid of him.
    Take your time & do it right!

I'm with Coolwhip, get rid of the cat. If that cat likes to pee in the house, its just a matter of time before it'll be all soaked in all over the house & someone not living there will about fall over when they walk in the door. The person living there cant even smell it, but just let a neighbor come over & its like "WHOAAA let me get the hell outa here"
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast