Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    My VW 3.5ton truck (7 passenger, full 8'+ bed)) has a 1.9TDi from a Jetta with a 70L tank and get 1100km (650mi) per tank

Working on making in wheel electric motors as I have lots of space under the rear seat for batteries
    Had to look that thing up to see what it looks like. Front wheel drive truck, forget hub motors, that technology is never going to work. Hub motors are used in electric bicycles and motorcycles, but not for vehicles.

If your serious about converting that truck, you will need to pull engine and convert to electric. Is that stick or auto ?, usually stickshift is easier to convert, but auto can be done, I'm assuming its stick.

Also if this is a service vehicle, you will need to figure out how many kilometers/miles you drive before deciding to convert. A hundred miles can easily be done.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

I DO NOT CARE what the gas prices are, I ONLY CARE about what the market will bare

The average service call around here is $89.95, if I stay in town I don't add any trip charge. But if I go outside my normal range (which is 20 miles from my office/home) I add $20 for the county and $30 for outside my county.

So far NO ONE has complained, YET!!!!!

I think the average fuel price around here is $3.76/gal, but I have seen a couple places as high as $4.02

Anyone know why Shell is putting Nitrogen in their fuel?? What good is an inert gas in with liquid fuel?
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I DO NOT CARE what the gas prices are, I ONLY CARE about what the market will bare

The average service call around here is $89.95, if I stay in town I don't add any trip charge. But if I go outside my normal range (which is 20 miles from my office/home) I add $20 for the county and $30 for outside my county.

So far NO ONE has complained, YET!!!!!

I think the average fuel price around here is $3.76/gal, but I have seen a couple places as high as $4.02

Anyone know why Shell is putting Nitrogen in their fuel?? What good is an inert gas in with liquid fuel?
    If you believe Shell, the nitrogen helps to clean the valves...

Cheapest gasoline here in Red Deer today is Costco, at about $4.15 US/CDN per U.S. gallon...

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Had to look that thing up to see what it looks like. Front wheel drive truck, forget hub motors, that technology is never going to work. Hub motors are used in electric bicycles and motorcycles, but not for vehicles.

If your serious about converting that truck, you will need to pull engine and convert to electric. Is that stick or auto ?, usually stickshift is easier to convert, but auto can be done, I'm assuming its stick.

Also if this is a service vehicle, you will need to figure out how many kilometers/miles you drive before deciding to convert. A hundred miles can easily be done.

Roy
    The engine is from the Jetta but converted to use the stock tranny, rear drive. It is a standard as I don't buy automatics, especially in a rear drive which doesn't work well in the snow.

I am serious about converting it and I want the alternator which is always producing power to charge batteries when the engine is running.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    The engine is from the Jetta but converted to use the stock tranny, rear drive. It is a standard as I don't buy automatics, especially in a rear drive which doesn't work well in the snow.

I am serious about converting it and I want the alternator which is always producing power to charge batteries when the engine is running.
    If your serious, start here...

http://www.evtv.me/
    http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/

EVTV is worth watching all the way from the first video, they are long but worthwhile, and at times funny as hell, Jack Rickard knows his stuff.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234