Poll: At what point do gas prices kill you? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I will use my 1966 Vespa Super Sport...its a 2 stroke smoker and gets 80 MPG.
    Just need to fab a little trailer for it.
    Excellent bike, had a 1980 P200E but the 66 is a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by trouble time View Post
    Gas here in Ontario is $4.89 Canadian per US gallon. Today the Canadian dollar was 1 cent higher than the US dollar. What burns me, is that Canada exports 99% of all oil produced here. The big oil companies closed 3 of the five refineries that were in Canada.
    Why, to boost the cost of the gas.
    Well, there must be a conspiracy to export Canadian oil to China so that the price can be raised here in Canada and USA...

"slithering away..."

My VW 3.5ton truck (7 passenger, full 8'+ bed)) has a 1.9TDi from a Jetta with a 70L tank and get 1100km (650mi) per tank

Working on making in wheel electric motors as I have lots of space under the rear seat for batteries

Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    Well, there must be a conspiracy to export Canadian oil to China so that the price can be raised here in Canada and USA...

"slithering away..."
    There was a report by an economist who dissected the proposal from Enbridge for the gateway to Kitamat. She came up with the statement that gas prices would increase for all Canadians by about 3-4 cents/L by doing it. Enbridge agreed with her findings.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    There was a report by an economist who dissected the proposal from Enbridge for the gateway to Kitamat. She came up with the statement that gas prices would increase for all Canadians by about 3-4 cents/L by doing it. Enbridge agreed with her findings.
    Well of course if there are other markets (than the USA) then the price will increase, that's a given...

Now, tell me about that VW 3 1/2 ton truck, I'm interested...

Refineries make more money off the coke (dirty coal) than the gas.Our company does alot of work in the refinery here.They said they can make it and have it shipped for about 6 dollars a ton and sell it for 60 or 70 a ton.It is sold before it is made.
    work to live not live to work.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/attachment....1&d=1331688144

Here ya go...I always have trouble putting up pics

It is not showing the 8' x 6' bed which has fold down sides
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/attachment....1&d=1331688144

Here ya go...I always have trouble putting up pics

It is not showing the 8' x 6' bed which has fold down sides
    So where did you get it? I've never seen one in the USA or Canada...?

Thats because there are probably 2 or 3 in North America. A dude in BC bought a 4x4 version and I think there is a guy in Florida who has a camper version. Truly cavernous inside.

I brought it over 3 years ago from Germany, $2000 for shipping. It's a 94 and it came with a 2.4L straight 6 diesel which i changed to the 1.9tdi with an increase in power of 25% and 40% increase in fuel economy.

Electric? Up here in Toronto we drive out of our way to wait for 15 to 20 min. in line at the only two Costco's that have gas bars, to save 6 cents a litre. Killing the environment to save a buck, when will we learn.

The electric is a good option in Ontario as we don't burn much coal or gas for electrical power.

Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post

"slithering away..."
    I guess we have to stop seeing "Our Oil" as ours at all. Once the lease is signed and Canada or USA gets it's royalties the oil belongs to the drilling companies. You might think our governments could rangel a deal that would keep some for us.
    Corporate owned governments. Or corporates as government. Kinda like Blade Runner.
    What's the cheapest gas you ever bought? Mine was in the late 60's at an off brand station with 3 pumps. 26 cents/US gal. These stations would buy excess petro from the major refineries.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I guess we have to stop seeing "Our Oil" as ours at all. Once the lease is signed and Canada or USA gets it's royalties the oil belongs to the drilling companies. You might think our governments could rangel a deal that would keep some for us.
    Corporate owned governments. Or corporates as government. Kinda like Blade Runner.
    [SIZE="3"]What's the cheapest gas you ever bought?[/SIZE] Mine was in the late 60's at an off brand station with 3 pumps. 26 cents/US gal. These stations would buy excess petro from the major refineries.
    Telling my age here

1967 Memphis TX 16 cents a gallon middle of a gas war!

That would NOT even start to pay the state & Fed taxes now...
    "Democracy--Two wolves and a sheep voting on what the menu is for lunch.
    Liberty--Is a well armed sheep who will probably contest the vote." author unknown--but I like him already

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast