Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A couple of weeks ago I was at the shell station getting some cigs and this guy and gal were out at the pumps arguing next to their H2...... The one part of the conversation that I heard clearly was when she told him " You bought the damn thing".....

I bet that convo was over gas prices........lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I will use my 1966 Vespa Super Sport...its a 2 stroke smoker and gets 80 MPG.
    Just need to fab a little trailer for it.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

It seems thet the experts believe futures speculation is the cause of the prices. I thought I remembered that once opon a time speculation was illeagle. Does anyone remember if thats true?
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    It seems thet the experts believe futures speculation is the cause of the prices. I thought I remembered that once opon a time speculation was illeagle. Does anyone remember if thats true?
    If I understand correct oil prices are all made on futures speculation, on a global market. I don't think refined gas is, but I may be wrong.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    By definition anyone that invests is speculating on the future.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I will use my 1966 Vespa Super Sport...its a 2 stroke smoker and gets 80 MPG.
    Just need to fab a little trailer for it.
    Every time I see a Hummer/similar at the supermarket it puts a smile on my face (oil company stocks). That Vespa has been exempted from the clean air stuff so it's OK, but don't those itty bitty nearly bald tires slip a lot in the Michigan snow? Not to mention the projected trailer getting caught in snow drifts...

Maybe a Vespa on skis?...

P.S. Unleaded regular was $4.02 per U.S. gallon here yesterday (1 U.S. gallon = 3.79 liters)

Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    .....P.S. Unleaded regular was $4.02 per U.S. gallon here yesterday (1 U.S. gallon = 3.79 liters)
    Canadian dollars or U.S. dollars?
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    Canadian dollars or U.S. dollars?
    Several femtoseconds ago 1 U.S. Dollar = $0.99 CAD...

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I was at the shell station getting some cigs and this guy and gal were out at the pumps arguing next to their H2...... The one part of the conversation that I heard clearly was when she told him " You bought the damn thing".....

I bet that convo was over gas prices........lol

What good is a "Poll" thread without a means to poll/ vote?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    What good is a "Poll" thread without a means to poll/ vote?
    I had a visitor and was unable to do the poll. Whoops!

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I figure I am revenue neutral at 3.50$. Anything below that is money in my pocket. At 4.50 - 4.80$ I can stay at the motel I save so much time driving it is hard to consider that a loss. Things are getting to where I have to stay at the motel anyway because of drive time and nothing to do with gas prices. Given that option, I am not sure 10 bucks a gallon would hurt me too bad.

As long as I have enough work to do it is okay. If I fall 'in-between' enough work to justify the motel but still have to drive I figure I am out ten bucks a day for any dollar over 3.50 a gallon.

Gas here in Ontario is $4.89 Canadian per US gallon. Today the Canadian dollar was 1 cent higher than the US dollar. What burns me, is that Canada exports 99% of all oil produced here. The big oil companies closed 3 of the five refineries that were in Canada.
    Why, to boost the cost of the gas.
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast