Since when....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since when....

Since when....

can the POTUS enforce a state not to enforce a state law?

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administ...161037385.html

How the heck does the POTUS have jurisdiction over anyone state?

Is Obama now going to enforce states to approve gay marriage?

What other laws is the Obama Admin. going to enforce over one state in particular?

It's not his authority. It's the courts. That's why we have separation of powers.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

It seems King Obama can enforce anything he wants in his Kingdom.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

I think anything that has to do with voting.....even in some of those really backwards places like mississippi and alabama and georgia....well...southern georgia.... anyhow.... I think that anything to do with voting must fall under some sort of federal laws..... what with the voting rights act and such.

I think we have that here in TN, not sure if it ever passed and if its been put into effect. I always have handed them my DL with my registration card when voting....some look at them...some dont.

k-fridge is offline ARP Committee & Global Moderator
    We just can't have any laws that keep dead people from voting.

Please forgive me for my comments about certain parts of the south...... I just cant help it....and I really dont mean to insult all the citizens of those areas......just the dang inbred redneck no good for nothing backwoods hicks that give those places a bad name.

We have them here in TN too.....

Talking

just the dang inbred redneck no good for nothing backwoods hicks
    It is time for all good men to come to the aid of their country, for we are in deep crap.

Gib's Son is offline ARP Committee/Professional Member*
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    We just can't have any laws that keep dead people from voting.
    Donal Duck and Popeye need to vote too.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think anything that has to do with voting.....even in some of those really backwards places like mississippi and alabama and georgia....well...southern georgia.... anyhow.... I think that anything to do with voting must fall under some sort of federal laws..... what with the voting rights act and such.

I think we have that here in TN, not sure if it ever passed and if its been put into effect. I always have handed them my DL with my registration card when voting....some look at them...some dont.
    Sorry you feel that way Corny, but it's probably best you stay right there in good ole Volunteer land. I happen to love greatly this good ole backwards part of the South! From GA to MS, I call it all home and love it.

My sister, I mean wife does too!

k-fridge is offline ARP Committee & Global Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    Sorry you feel that way Corny, but it's probably best you stay right there in good ole Volunteer land. I happen to love greatly this good ole backwards part of the South! From GA to MS, I call it all home and love it.

My sister, I mean wife does too!
    LOL

Why is it that you need ID to cash your welfare checks, put your illegal (or legal) kid in school, get a driver's license, buy beer or cigarettes, open a bank acct. , buy a firearm, get a passport, get a green card, get a visa, get a library card, cash a check at the grocery store. But for some reason, needing one to vote is restrictive...??? Pleeeze, we're all smarter than that. Why insult the people of this country like that?
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Why insult the people of this country like that?
    Not only that but this is one more reason why people from other civilized countries are laughing at us.

hearthman is offline AOP Committee/Professional Member*

Angry toast

The POTUS's job description is to enforce the laws of the land. He has failed. He has ignored the Constitution because he has stated on camera he thinks it is fatally flawed and needs to be thrown out. He has assumed dictatorial powers and should be arrested for treason. I think the reason no one in Congress has called for his impeachment is twofold: first, you could not get enough dummycrat senators to vote against him and two, I'm sure his Brown Shirts have dug up enough dirt on everyone to extort them. Whether by threat of IRS audit or sicking the EPA, OSHA, DOE, or whatever agency on you, everyone has some vulnerability and skeletons in their closets and this thug has no compuction about leveraging it to complete his coup d' etat.

Look for an emergency/ crisis in the Fall which will allow him to declare martial law, suspend Congress and complete his military takeover. Remember that private army he asked for? He's amassing it very quietly.

We are screwed

[QUOTE=chaard;12704021] How the heck does the POTUS have jurisdiction over anyone state?QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act

Here is why, thanks to L.B. Johnson, federal government can legally do it.
    Any changes to state voting procedures have to be approved by feds.
    It is outdated law, since all minorities have right to vote, and how the hell it is so hard to obtain state issued photo ID for someone who is a legal resident of the USA?!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast