Quad Stage Model SP22 Purge System

Quad Stage Model SP22 Purge System

Is there anyone out there that has experience or documents on these systems? I think I have one that is going bad. When it starts the liquid solinoid light doesn't come on after the normal delay and when it does come on it immediately shuts down in alarm (excessive continual purge). I really don't think it is purging at all because the counter isn't moving. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it pumping out? Its supposed to run the pumpout until the chamber fills with liquid or times out. May have clogged drier or orface or stuck float.

Thank you for the reply. I'm pretty sure it is not pumping out. The purge unit is a retrofit on a Carrier R-11 unit which sucked in a lot of air over the winter. I ran it a couple weeks ago unloaded & the purge worked great and got out a lot of the air. When I tried running it again late last week was when I ran in the current problem. I,m not sure whether something has gone bad on the logic board or it is trying to give me an alarm that I can't decode (liquid valve open & excessive purge lights on at the same time).

I was able to get some information on this unit and have determined I have two problems. The purge relay is bad and the float switch is stuck. Are there any tricks for dealing with the float switch?

You can remove it and inspect the float to determine what is causing it to stick.can u see the chamber full of liquid? What city are u in?

Quote Originally Posted by Emcorman View Post
    You can remove it and inspect the float to determine what is causing it to stick.can u see the chamber full of liquid? What city are u in?
    Thank you again for the reply. The purge chamber is full but I think that was because I ran it in manual for a time while trouble shooting it. I was thinking that if I jumped the liquid sol. valve and ran the chiller it should empty it. This equipment is something that I haven't had to tear in to before. If I have to remove the float switch I'm guessing that will involve opening the system ( isolate & evacuate)???

I am in Greenville.

U should be able to isolate the purge unit from the chiller. Email me if _u need some help.

Thanks for the offer. I may have gotten lucky though. When I got the liquid out of the purge drum the switch opened.