Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Afganastan people should turn their anger towards the Taliban and start worrying about the the new wave of terrorism this pointless massacar has set in motion. Just watch how many innocent people are going to die because of this, there's litlle to no hope for them. I feel sorry for those afganastans that are trying to make a difference , they need to sort their own sh*t out (civil war) .

Until they realize that this muslim crap is the cause for all their hatred, this will never end... sad!

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Some folks just crack up under stress. <SNIP> War is hell but I can understand what happened but not condone it of course.
    The sad fact of combat is that there is usually someone who cracks, and unless we begin to recognize the symptoms, the carnage will continue. Civilians who have no arms to defend themselves become victims, throughout history...

Hitler or Stalin would never have been able to do what they did to defenceless people if those people had arms, and in my perfect world, everyone would have some means to defend themselves. Unfortunately, that is not the case so we have to trust the police and military with protecting us, sometimes things just go nuts...

No other rational explanation or solutions from me...

The logic behind nation building in nations that hate us eludes me. They F with us, we bomb them and then move on. If they do it agan we bomb them harder. These politically correct wars are a travesty. Why we want to hug our enemies I'll never get. Either we attack when needed or we stay home. The longer we linger the more trouble we get in.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    The logic behind nation building in nations that hate us eludes me. They F with us, we bomb them and then move on. If they do it agan we bomb them harder. These politically correct wars are a travesty. Why we want to hug our enemies I'll never get. Either we attack when needed or we stay home. The longer we linger the more trouble we get in.
    You are preaching to the choir, I'm so sorry I even got into this discussion, the killing of civilians is so wrong, but the lynching attitute is also so wrong.

Military action brings casualties, guilty and innocent...

Wage war to win, not to occupy (the most recent politically correct way)...

Just another

Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    Insanity and criminal do not go together, I'm giving this person the benefit of doubt until proved guilty. I just can't conceive that this person did this while sane, but if so, then let the military and perhaps the civilian justice system deal with him appropriately. It is disgusting when these things happen, but they do happen so we've got to find out why, there just are no immediate answers when these distasteful events occur...

This reminds me of My Lai, another very nasty event...
    Sure, check the guy out, have a trial. Just don't spend two years doing it and then ship him back to a nice comfy rest. Can he be fine again afterwards to walk the streets, probably. But where does justice go for the dead? What are people there to think? I doubt sorry would cut it here, I doubt it will cut it there.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Sure, check the guy out, have a trial. Just don't spend two years doing it and then ship him back to a nice comfy rest. Can he be fine again afterwards to walk the streets, probably. But where does justice go for the dead? What are people there to think? I doubt sorry would cut it here, I doubt it will cut it there.
    So all those idiots who have chopped people's heads off and purposely filmed the act to put on Youtube are the nice guys? Yes we have our own idiots, but it's NOT our official policy, unlike the Taliban, Al Qaeda and others like them. My own personal solution for idiots is not for publication, but I am willing to let our tradition/sense of justice take over BEFORE the lynching.

It is a darned good thing I'm not running the show over there, because in my mind, war first (whatever it takes to win), then occupation. This business of politicians overtly running wars according to television/media guidelines is just BS, if you go to war, you go to WIN. Shouldn't we have learned that lesson from the 60's?... Obviously NOT...!

Anyway, your sense of justice is fine but misguided, don't worry yourself about what those barbarians think, most of them are in it for something else. Always keep in mind that this is about publicity, and what the people HERE think, so you can't throw this person to the wolves, that's politically incorrect HERE.

Sorry, not trying to offend, just another from me...

Funny it has been nearly a week since the rouge Army Sgt. killed 16 civilians in Afgan and they have yet to release any information on him. His name, his picture, etc. other than the fact that he is married and has two kids.

Makes you wonder what are they hiding about him? I suspect what ever it is it must not be in the interest of political correctness to release this info yet. Maybe they are trying to develop a story to cover for what ever it is that they are hiding.

Don't recall this ever being done before. They will have to take him out of the closet sooner or later and there will probably be some sort of cover story for what ever it is they are covering up. We shall see. Check out the link on this. Thank you, thank you very much

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...GFS_story.html
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny it has been nearly a week since the rouge Army Sgt. killed 16 civilians in Afgan and they have yet to release any information on him. His name, his picture, etc. other than the fact that he is married and has two kids.

Makes you wonder what are they hiding about him? I suspect what ever it is it must not be in the interest of political correctness to release this info yet. Maybe they are trying to develop a story to cover for what ever it is that they are hiding.

Don't recall this ever being done before. They will have to take him out of the closet sooner or later and there will probably be some sort of cover story for what ever it is they are covering up. We shall see. Check out the link on this. Thank you, thank you very much

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...GFS_story.html
    Stop it Glenn, you're making me paranoid now. There's something weird going on here.

He was attached to a special ops unit....the Great Spirit tells me he was following orders.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Hey Dorthy, we're not in Kansas anymore. Oh wait, maybe we are.

Soldier suspected of Afghan massacre to arrive in Kansas Friday evening
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/03...riday-evening/
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

"On Thursday Karzai called for NATO troops to leave Afghan villages and confine themselves to major bases, underscoring fury over the massacre and clouding U.S. plans to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014."

There shouldn't be anything to cloud, the only cloud ought to be where we are getting our people out of there and see how long this Karzai guy stays alive after we're gone. Bring them home now.

I don't usually weigh in on this forum, but maybe it's time we leave that place.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...224453357.html

Maybe a bunch of nukes and 'daisycutters' would have been a better approach to the afghan invasion. As somebody said before, we can't bomb them back to the stone age because they're still int it.

Maybe this guy just had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    "On Thursday Karzai called for NATO troops to leave Afghan villages and confine themselves to major bases, underscoring fury over the massacre and clouding U.S. plans to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014."

There shouldn't be anything to cloud, the only cloud ought to be where we are getting our people out of there and see how long this Karzai guy stays alive after we're gone. Bring them home now.
    These are the same people we provided stingers to when the russians were there in the '80's.

I agree. remember to take our flag on the way out, and flip them a finger. they can work out their own problems.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast