Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I suppose we have to stick around 5 or 6 more years ot say we were in there at least as long as Vietnam. Can't write it off too easily. Not even a remotely go idea brother, but I'm sure I detect a bit of sarcasm

Ultimately, what are we honestly hoping to accomplish and is there any reality that it can happen within a reasonable timeframe. Is the benefits from that objective worth the investment of resources and lives? Although I'm sure there is/are goals set, I don't see how they can be accomplished given the fact they don't seem to want help and it certainly won't be in a reasonable time frame if it can be done. Also NO the benefit isn't worth the required investment in Money and especially lives.

If we're in there only for pride and saving face, then we're in there for the wrong reasons.

Iraq was at least civilized enough, more modernized and the people were used to having an operating government. So we were overall finally sucessful to a degree and able to leave.

I've said it before I'll say it again, it's time for our troops to head to the barn(Home).

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I wonder what really happened over there. Do you guys think thats the Whole story?
    Personally think he just snapped, saw too many things in too much action, this is not uncommon, but sadly not talked about or publicized very much.

Just my own thoughts...

Maybe he was just frustrated because he couldn't find a qualified tech to fix his air conditioner coupled with the fact the Arab girls won't give up any nookie.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So you are saying he did not want to go on a killing spree? That 20 is not enough, that a highly trained soldier should have killed 50 before feeling he had enough? The Afghans think there is more to the story, some are saying that there as more than one soldier.
    I was wondering thats all. Not implying anything. I don't know what weapon was used but if it was an M16 or similar that would have what, 30 rounds per magazine. If I went on a killing spree I would probably bring more then one magazine. I would think that someone could do a lot more damage. Im glad he did not take anymore lives, but I don't necessarily believe what the News feeds me at 6..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I was wondering thats all. Not implying anything. I don't know what weapon was used but if it was an M16 or similar that would have what, 30 rounds per magazine. If I went on a killing spree I would probably bring more then one magazine. I would think that someone could do a lot more damage. Im glad he did not take anymore lives, but I don't necessarily believe what the News feeds me at 6..
    Well heck maybe he just woke up from his dream and realized that this was for real and just went back to the base or just finally realized what he was doing and got sick of it all. After all he is way off his beam for sure.

But no worse than the Afgan soldiers who have murdered American soldiers on the "peace mission" over there or Major Nidal Hasan at Ft Hood. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    But no worse than the Afgan soldiers who have murdered American soldiers on the "peace mission" over there or Major Nidal Hasan at Ft Hood. Thank you very much

One has nothing to do with the other. You're acting like it's almost justified because they "had it coming." Do I really have to say "two wrongs don't make a right" to an adult?

Quote Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
    One has nothing to do with the other. You're acting like it's almost justified because they "had it coming." Do I really have to say "two wrongs don't make a right" to an adult?
    Funny dude have you ever taken "English Comprehension"? I said "no worse" not saying they had it coming or two wrongs make a right. Gees no one can have a debate with you that is for sure.

I think it is terrible and have said so in about a half a dozen posts on this forum. I said that it is not worse and both are extremely bad but maybe you feel like the examples I gave are OK and no big deal but the soldier killing those folks is a lot worse.

Major Hasan killed 13 soldiers and wounded 32. I guess that is OK and cannot be compared. Think before you post. Gees. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Funny how BHO called this murder, which it was, and the Fort Hood incident "workplace violence". Kind of telling is it not.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Funny dude have you ever taken "English Comprehension"? I said "no worse" not saying they had it coming or two wrongs make a right. Gees no one can have a debate with you that is for sure.

I think it is terrible and have said so in about a half a dozen posts on this forum. I said that it is not worse and both are extremely bad but maybe you feel like the examples I gave are OK and no big deal but the soldier killing those folks is a lot worse.

Major Hasan killed 13 soldiers and wounded 32. I guess that is OK and cannot be compared. Think before you post. Gees. Thank you, thank you very much
    I know you said it was terrible and I don't think that you think it's ok. But it seems like you can't bear to condemn it without saying "but look what this guy did." Yeah, I know what Hassan did was bad, but they're two differen't stories. Oh, and why can't you have a debate with me? If we both agreed, it wouldn't be debate. Cheer up Glennac.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    Put him on trial there, turn him over for punishment and above all else get everyone out of that Miserable country FAST because it's gonna hit the fan.
    After reading some of the comments coming from the Afghan president I have since changed my stance slightly. I feel like he needs to be judged before a military court, because there's no freakin' way he'll get a fair trial or due process by the Afghan courts. I don't know what happened to this man to make him murder civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
    I know you said it was terrible and I don't think that you think it's ok. But it seems like you can't bear to condemn it without saying "but look what this guy did." Yeah, I know what Hassan did was bad, but they're two differen't stories. Oh, and why can't you have a debate with me? If we both agreed, it wouldn't be debate. Cheer up Glennac.
    I hear what you are saying but listen to what Gibs posted about the Ft Hood Massacre. Our great Red leader hushed it down and said that this was work place violence, etc.

I can't stand selective outrage by our leaders who brushed over the religious and terrorist aspects of the killings at Ft Hood and in Afgan by Afgan soldiers but scream to the top of their lungs when some mentally deranged idiot goes off the beam and kills innocents in Afgan.

They should be both treated equally as outrage and public condemnations for all aspects of the crimes and not some PC treatment of it when done against Americans but the worse thing in the world and full discloser when it is done against Muslims in Afgan innocent or not. kemosabe dude? Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    After reading some of the comments coming from the Afghan president I have since changed my stance slightly. I feel like he needs to be judged before a military court, because there's no freakin' way he'll get a fair trial or due process by the Afghan courts. I don't know what happened to this man to make him murder civilians.
    That's for sure. They want blood and he has to give it to him to seem legitamate. He would have no trial and would probably be stoned to death.

I hear what you are saying but listen to what Gibs posted about the Ft Hood Massacre. Our great Red leader hushed it down and said that this was work place violence, etc.

I can't stand selective outrage by our leaders who brushed over the religious and terrorist aspects of the killings at Ft Hood and in Afgan by Afgan soldiers but scream to the top of their lungs when some mentally deranged idiot goes off the beam and kills innocents in Afgan.

They should be both treated equally as outrage and public condemnations for all aspects of the crimes and not some PC treatment of it when done against Americans but the worse thing in the world and full discloser when it is done against Muslims in Afgan innocent or not. kemosabe dude? Thank you, thank you very much
    I'll grudgingly agree with you. (just kidding)
    But yes they should BOTH be treated with outrage, and I think they are by most people. I think the selective outrage, especially in official statements, just comes from propaganda. They think they've made some kind of headway with the "hearts and minds" of the Afghan people. So when something like this happens they think "ooo, we better look reeaallly mad.." It's patronizing to all involved. They're tring to get them to like us and it's not going to work.
    Last edited by dudeabides; 03-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast