Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Hey Print...are you looking for that old Fender logo?
    Not yet. My eye is on a sort-of Marshall now.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny how we so quickly forget Major Nidal Hasan the Muslim psychiatrist who killed 13 and wounded 32 at Ft Hood. The Muslims didn't apologize for that and he was carrying out the will of Islam. Just a reality check here. What the soldier did was terrible and I'm in favor of a summary execution but so it should be with Major Hasan also. Thank you, thank you very much
    Just drawing a parallel for coolwhip.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Yaba Daba Doo, the proof is upon you.

My 2cents, this is what we get for raising a bunch of pansies that are afraid of, and taught, to report "bullies". Grow some nads and realize life is cruel. Name one other nation that has so much PDSD. Give him his day in court and kill the punk.

Are you saying that pTsd isn't real???

Quote Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
    Whatever progress we made in Afghanistan was instanly erased by this guy who decided to murder civilians. I don't think those people are smart enough to know the difference between a military action and one guy who went off the deep end. Now the Taliban is "vowing revenge." They're using this as propaganda now and why wouldn't they?
    That pretty much sums it up. This was a major propaganda snafu, and we should not be over there on a propaganda mission to begin with.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

These people don't need any specific action or event for their "propaganda' against the west. Even our own media is on their side. After 10 yrs. if we haven't done what we went in to do, we ain't gonna, not with the PC war we're trying to wage. Riduculous to even try.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    These people don't need any specific action or event for their "propaganda' against the west. Even our own media is on their side. After 10 yrs. if we haven't done what we went in to do, we ain't gonna, not with the PC war we're trying to wage. Riduculous to even try.
    Afghanistan has seen many army's come in and do what they went in to do. The problem with what we went in to do is that we dropped the ball after the first year or two. After that a lot of the people just think you are like any of the preceding ones that invaded your country. Half may want you there, half wants you gone. The half that wants you there are concerned that you are going to cut and run, the other half figures they will wait you out till you cut and run.

Exactly....what are we supposed to do when the same police or security force we are trying to train, turns around and shoots you? I don't want to be in that situation, and I'm sure moral is pretty low for those over there. What do you do in this situation??
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I have little sympathy for a country who's women think little of strapping on a bomb vest and blowing themselves up, or who's children walk around with AK 47's.
    To me, all of them would be considered the enemy, and all would be fair game.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I wonder if they would be polite if they were in our country, trying to control us.? lets get out of there, should have never gone there, lets take care of our country, get our manufacturing base back here and prosper, obama is out to ruin us

Quote Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
    Are you saying that pTsd isn't real???
    Nope.....just saying IMO it's used as an excuse, overplayed, just like the race card.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

In the darkest periods of the middle ages, Europeans were more civilized and refined than these people. I Southerners treated slaves better than many treat their wives there. What's acceptable in their culture should be considered appaling by other middle east countries. The "savage" native americans at least treated their women better.

Cut that place loose and use covert ops, ari strikes and specila forces to eliminate terrorist threats.

It looks like the Afgan president is trying to stir the pot just as bad as the Taliban. It seems to me like stories I've heard about Vietnam from people that were there, they say they didn't know who the enemy was and it looks like the same situation. Yes the killings were tragic, but we need to face the fact that this looks like a no win situation and get out.

I suppose we have to stick around 5 or 6 more years ot say we were in there at least as long as Vietnam. Can't write it off too easily.

Ultimately, what are we honestly hoping to accomplish and is there any reality that it can happen within a reasonable timeframe. Is the benefits from that objective worth the investment of resources and lives?

If we're in there only for pride and saving face, then we're in there for the wrong reasons.

Iraq was at least civilized enough, more modernized and the people were used to having an operating government. So we were overall finally sucessful to a degree and able to leave.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast