Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forget the POS B tank, may as well carry map gas like mark said. Oxy acetylene is all youll need.

A good micron gauge.
    The 3 cfm pump will work but I prefer the 6.
    I gotta have my fan blade and blower puller.
    Youll need ductwork tools. Crimper, hand brake, strap tensioner, etc.
    Not familiar with your temperature equipment but think its a gun? I dont trust a gun for suction and temp line readings. I like my fieldpiece clampmeter which i have the bulb type temp probe and my pipe clamp probe.
    Nitrogen tank and regulator.
    Last edited by ar_hvac_man; 03-11-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Forget the POS B tank, may as well carry map gas like mark said. Oxy acetylene is all youll need.

A good micron gauge.
    The 3 cfm pump will work but I prefer the 6.
    I gotta have my fan blade and blower puller.
    Youll need ductwork tools. Crimper, hand brake, strap tensioner, etc.
    Not familiar with your temperature equipment but think its a gun? I dont trust a gun for suction and temp line readings. I like my fieldpiece clampmeter which i have the bulb type temp probe and my pipe clamp probe.
    POS B-tank. Been using them for years. Use MC tanks as well. I also use oxy/acc for bigger brazing and soldering. Lot easier to pull out a b-tank to solder smaller pipe then the oxy/acc. John how big are the mapp gas tanks? I did use one of those small mapp tanks from the Home Depot not to long ago for the first time to solder 2" pipe and was impressed with it,s heat capability. For what you plan on doing the b-tank is an excellent choice. Especially since you already got the torch and tips. The fact that you plan on doing this as a side business/hobby fresh out tech school scares me a little bit. Then you plan on teaching it to your son. Good luck with that.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

hey markl,send them to me. fob destination!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    John how big are the mapp gas tanks? I did use one of those small mapp tanks from the Home Depot not to long ago for the first time to solder 2" pipe and was impressed with it,s heat capability.
    The bottles I get are about 14 oz. IIRC...Sure is handy when you're headed up to a roof or in an attic....that's where B tanks inhale deeply.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    The bottles I get are about 14 oz. IIRC...Sure is handy when you're headed up to a roof or in an attic....that's where B tanks inhale deeply.
    Yea makes sense. Can you get a hose attachment for them or are they just bottle and tip?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Yea makes sense. Can you get a hose attachment for them or are they just bottle and tip?
    Just bottle and tip....but I haven't run into anyplace I couldn't get into with one..yet...
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

I keep the Mapp & oxygen set from home depot in my pickup as a backup. Can't count how many times it has saved my butt at 2 AM.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

It takes a little bit of getting used to going from Oxygen & Acetylene to anything else, especially where brazing is concerned. That said, I keep an Air/Acetylene B-tank, MAPP gas, and Oxygen Acetylene torch in the van.

The MAPP gas torch comes in handy when I have to go give somebody a hand unsweating a big pipe. I don't have to drag out all the regulators and hoses and other crap.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Not a side business not a business at all, as far as my son it will mostly 99% be electrical checking for power and switch operations wiring motor basically how to use a meter.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12