+ Reply to Thread

Thread: These yellow Flames

Post Likes

These yellow Flames

waltc944
    New Guest

these dog gone yellow flames again.
    Ok I have changed the nat gas valve to LP and the orifices are the correct size. ( i know this due to the fact that the fryers next to this one are burning just fine. But when i replace the yellow fryers orifices with the blue fryers .It is still yellow)
    The air collars don't seem to have an effect on the flames. Is there any adjustment or vent on the 541006 RS safety valve other then the pilot. Help!!

Post Likes
    The flames are strong and vary with pressure. The ball valve adjust to give more or less pressure. I opened and closed it to see if the volume of gas would make a difference.
    Is the yellow flame due to too much air or not enough air? I have read info to support both and I'm not sure what is correct. I think it's too much . I don't KNOW.

Post Likes
    Have you check your gas pressure after the regulator. I think LP is usually set to 7.5"wc. I am not 100% on that but the equipment nameplate should have manifold pressure on it. Adjusting the ball valve to adjust pressure is not a good idea. Adjust the comination gas valve or regulator with a manometer on the manifold.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Post Likes
    Yeah the gas pressure is good at 6"WC. The ball valve adjustment was to see if the regulator would make a difference. No name plate this fryer is OLD. The other Pitco 35C+ next to it says 6".
    I'm going to the job site now. Please continue to help I can read posts on the fly.

Post Likes
    I do believe this is an air gas mixture problem. Is there an adjustment on the 541006 valve that I am missing?

Post Likes
    Come on anything. At this point I'll try just about anything. I don't want to charge this client for the time I have put in it. I DO want to KNOW how/why this is doing this. Help

Post Likes
    If it is LP It should be 10-11"wc at the burner. LP will burn yellow. Is it sooting up? Is the flame going up the tubes or spilling out the front? Is there any oil in the flame tubes? You did say it was old. Could it be leaking oil and burning in the tube? What is the gas pressure on the other fryer? Just because the nameplate says 6" doesn't mean it hasn't been converted at some point.

Post Likes
    That maybe a fact. One tube had a bad lump of carbon, just on one little spot. Could this be an oil leak? Some of the outside burner openings are not entering the tubes. My research tells me the 35C+ comes with 4" or 6" burners. I could not however find out if the heat tubes would be sized accordingly. I know that this fryer has been worked on. But the owner really doesn't know the history of these things.
    The flames are very strong they are just yellow. No oil that I can see or feel. I will check the pressure of the others today.
    As you know working on anything its difficult to KNOW what has been done. But if I KNOW what should be then a better repair will be done.
    Thanks for any help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in