+ Reply to Thread

Thread: carrier 19DH oil problems

Post Likes

Hmm carrier 19DH oil problems

I have a problem with a 19dh R-11,450 ton, motor style 31, someone turned the condenser water setting up to 100 degrees,after this happen when its running the oil level goes out of the sight glass,have to keep adding oil to operate, i think they blew the lab seal, but not sure witch one, the thrust or the other, can anyone help me with this problem.

Post Likes
    Sounds like the laby between thrust and impeller off of info given. Regardless it's got to be inspected and found. Slider back and check your clearances, I would be some what concerned with the thrust condition. And according to unit history and time constraints, complete bearing inspection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Hmm 19dh

thanks for the info, the chiller was completey overhauled last spring by carrier,all new bearings

Post Likes
    Good luck

Post Likes
    How fast does the oil level drop and what is the load on the machine when this is happening. also what is the temp of the condenser water. do not jump to a slide back. It may be something simple.

Post Likes
    Before pulling compressor back, pull handhole cover and check wiring to motor temperature sensor where it pentrates wall between motor and oil sump. Many times these come out and create oil problems.
    A LITTLE BIT OF STUPID GOES A LONG WAY!

Post Likes
    True to both of you, out ran myself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in