Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Connecting to Carrier CCN

Hi,
    Can anyone give me a walk though of how to start up the network service tool V.
    I've bought the 33CNUSBRS485 from carrier with the aim of connecting to the CCN network on a 30HXC375 chiller to monitor the system.

I've never used the carrier software personally before but thought the instructions might shed some light but alas, they don't.

I'm only interested in connecting to the chiller, monitoring the data and looking at alarms.

Can any one help?

Post Likes
    Go into connection manager and create/add a new CCN, name it whatever the job name is.
    double click on whatever you just made,
    the device manager will open, it will ask if you want to connect, click yes.
    scroll across the top to the "scan the CCN for new controllers" icon and double click it, its to the left of the binoculars.
    press the start button to begin the bus scan.
    when you find the device you are looking for highlight it and click the + sign to add it to the database.
    the device should be listed under your CCN that you created, right click on the device and select upload and you should be good to go.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Hi Chillrdude,

Thanks for replying.
    You mention 'scan the network for new controllers' which is at the side of the binoculars but on the menu that I have, I can't see the binoculars.

Also the CCN controller that I received, came with the cable to connect to the PC but nothing to connect to the chiller.

Is there a specific type of cable that I should use to connect to the chiller?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    you are in the connection manager, create a network in the connection manager, then double click on the network you create and it will take you to the device manager and you will see the binoculars. So you have the USB cable to connect to your adapter but no cable to the chiller? I think its a normal RJ-14 cable or you will need the 3 wire green adapter and some wire to connect to your chiller
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Perfect.
    I'll be going to site later this week/early next week so I'll be able to try what you suggested.
    Hopefully it connects without too many issues.
    Thanks again

Post Likes
    Hello again.
    I've just loaded the software up onto my laptop with the aim of connecting to the CCN network.
    The programme seems to have installed however, my computer hasn't installed the CCN controller device driver software automatically.
    In the instructions it says, go to device manager and under 'other devices' click 'comfort network converter' and update driver.

However, even when I manually search for the driver details which are in the folder, I then get an error message saying driver not found?

Is there an easy way around this?
    Why won't it install the driver?

Post Likes
    Did you follow these instructions, where it says not to connect the usb converter before installing the software? What about where it says not to reboot your pc after installing the software?

http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/100...7-060160-1.pdf

Post Likes
    Dammit

Post Likes
    Hi chillrdude, yes I've tried it both ways, rebooting and not rebooting, neither seems to work.

As soon as I try to update the driver and select the folder where the driver is, straight away it just says can't find as though it isn't there? But I know that it is..

Post Likes
    Okay, bit of an update. I managed to install the drivers for the controller. I had to disable windows driver signature temporarily in the Bios of my computer.

The next problem now is that when I open connection manger, and create new CCN, that then takes me to the device management page, I then click on my recently added place and click 'scan the CCN for new controllers'
    This brings up the bus scan page but as soon as I click the start button, I get a 'Non OEM product; Access denied' message.

What could be causing that?

Post Likes
    If I just click okay on the message it carries on checking the bus but doesn't find anything. I've checked bus 0 and bus 1 with address searches up to 239 but it doesn't find anything connected.

The lights on the CCN controller show the red 'link' light being lit, the red 'status' being lit and both RX and TX lights flashing.

Post Likes
    how are you connecting service tool to the chiller?
    if using phone cable you need to connect to ccn port not the len port

Post Likes
    I've tried connecting using the 3 wire adapter wired in to the 3 pins plug on the PCB but I've also tried connecting using the telephone cable (RJ-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast