Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pink Slime

Hybrid View

Pink Slime

as seen on ABC news. the meat companies take the offal, spin it down, skim off the goody, through a quick ammonia bath, and into the ground beef as an adulterant. seventy percent of all the ground beef in the country has it, they claim.
    can it be labelled? "naw, it's beef, sort of, it already is labelled as such," says the industry.
    so then ABC is repeatedly refused in getting someone from the USDA on for an interview.
    and what struck me, is they seem genuinely surprised.
    isn't fascism wonderful?
    Pg. 324: "the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
    Tragedy & Hope, by Carroll Quigley

I heard they use allot of it in public school lunches. Isn't the Gov wonderful?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I saw the ABC report. It's readily available in my area. Some girls down on the corner are selling it.

Pink slime, hell yea!
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    I saw the ABC report. It's readily available in my area. Some girls down on the corner are selling it.

Pink slime, hell yea!
    Never heard of it, had to google it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...grocery-store/

That is disgusting. That is probably why I had the opinion at a young age that burger chain meat was mostly 'cardboard filler'. I may have been wrong about the filler type, but I think that sounds pretty close. If there is any part of a cow that has to be made into a slurry and treated with ammonia for germs to make it edible,... I do not want to eat it. YUK!!!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I saw the story on ABC for the first time but it turns out it's old news. Jamie Oliver mentioned back in April plus there are countless other reports. Wife knew about it. McD's already pulled it. Makes one sick to think about it.
    Taco Bells meat is 40-45% beef by Gov minimum standards. Makes you wonder what is in the other 55-60%
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Hey Chaard! Long time no see.

Now, wait a minute here everyone. We just recently had a story where a little girl whose mom packed her a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, some potato chips and apple juice was told by a government official that her mom had packed her an "unhealthy lunch".

She was then given a school cafeteria lunch where she ate 1.5 chicken nuggets, discarded the disgusting mess that was the rest, and was sent home with a bill for $1.25 for the cafeteria meal.

I would have gone down there and punched someone, I think. I mean, seriously... this effing crap is out of control! Chicken nuggets are more healthy than a turkey and cheese sandwich! Who woulda thunk?

Our government's version of "health food for kids" is pink slime. Nice.

Words can't describe the hypocrisy and the idiots. It's mind boggling.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

I heard a discussion on the radio a couple days ago that the govt has purchased like 10 million pounds of it, up from 5 million last year. It's headed to a school near you.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

The FDA has been hijacked and is under the control of eugenicist slime. This is how they can tell you that GMO and BPA is good for you when other countries are banning it left and right. We're under attack and all idiot America can focus on is the boob tube and brown enemies with towels on their heads...
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    The FDA has been hijacked and is under the control of eugenicist slime. This is how they can tell you that GMO and BPA is good for you when other countries are banning it left and right. We're under attack and all idiot America can focus on is the boob tube and brown enemies with towels on their heads...
    Is it the FDA or USDA that has jurisdiction over this stuff? I was thinking USDA has the labeling authority on meats [choice-prime-ect].

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Is it the FDA or USDA that has jurisdiction over this stuff? I was thinking USDA has the labeling authority on meats [choice-prime-ect].
    I was just making a correlative point
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    I was just making a correlative point
    Not arguing your point there, I just don't know the answer to the question I asked. It might fall under dual jurisdiction, that might be the correct answer.

And then theres Meat Glue...
    Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, and Loyalty is returned.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-blew View Post
    And then theres Meat Glue...
    You are not making this any easier ya know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast