Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

thursdays changeout 3-8-12

new TAM7036 air handler, 3ton xl16i h/p, 15kw heater, and honeywell iaq thermostat. old air handler made lots of noise because of turbulence and high static pressures. also not alot of airflow thru vents.

i added 2 turning vanes on the right and left side of the supply plenum. also added to manual dampers to supply. i installed new return box with a 16x20 to 10x20 square elbow with 5 turning vanes in it. also added a 10" flex return.

tested unit in heat and cool. and set airflow to heat/450cfm/ton cool/390/ton
    TESP in heating was .19"w.c. return and .12" supply=.31"w.c. 1351cfm

this unit turned out real nice and the customers are happy. i am waiting to get the before pictures and outdoor unit pics.

the first picture is the original manual damper for the ductwork. i couldnt believe my eyes. lol

Post Likes
    Looks good. Do you set them on Torque or Constant Cfm?

Post Likes
    Looks like you were in a tight closet. Nice work.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Post Likes
    Nice Job.......

Did you try to up sell a better filter set up?

You are doing your customer a favor and it sure is easy money to do it on a install like that.........

"Value our Differences"

Post Likes
    depends on the duct system. this unit i set to constant cfm. if the homeowner does not want to fix ductwork and it has higher static i will set to constant torque.

yes it was a smaller closet. luckily there was a bi-fold door on the humidifier side. the thing i was worried about was the height from floor to supply duct.

Post Likes
    i did recommend a 4" media filter but they did not want it. also recommended uv light.

Post Likes
    Looks real good.

I prefer zip ties for bundling my suction, liquid, and stat wire where its exposed to gazing eyes. I do use black gorilla tape like that to join my rubatex together.

Post Likes
    zip ties will rip thru the rubatex. if you tape it then use a zip tie it will last forever

Post Likes
    More pictures;

Post Likes
    Looks good. How do you like that Trane air handler?

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    i like them a lot. just have to get used to them. the blower door is a pain in the butt to get on and off. i think 2 phillip screws would be better.

the other cool thing is how you can side shot the return.

Post Likes
    Gravity, you guys always do very nice work. I am impressed how much attention you pay to airflow. Keep up the nice work. Did you purchase that condenser wall bracket locally or did you make your own? Looks awsome!

Post Likes
    Thank you jnsrose. we actually removed the wall bracket and made a nice pad out of millings for the unit to sit on. the homeowner was going to build a wall around the pad to keep it from washing away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast