Any of you guys driving the sprinter vans

Are the sprinter vans better to work out of??????????

Anything beats a transit. Lol

I'm afraid thats where we are headed.....
    HOW MUCH DID YOU SAY???

We've got 5 of them now.
    Pros: 19 to 23MPG fully loaded, Tight turning radius, 480 to 500mi between fillups.
    Cons: Turbo issues(Seals, manifold, and solenoid on one rig alone, most have had a new manifold fitted), very expensive. Transmission issues (wandering shift points after 120K, after servicing), falls into limp mode. Oil must be left intentionally 1 quart low, or goes into HI PRESS lockout/limp mode.

Electrical gremlins for rear lights/dome overrides don't work.
    Sliding door can't be easily cleaned of debris in track, leading to sliding door not fully latching... Its a Mercedes based drivetrain, thus only some dealers have equip to work on them..
    I'd take a f150 van/V8, an Isuzu box van, or even a longbed toyota pickup with a electricians shell on it, if it were up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LsT-Heating View Post
    We've got 5 of them now.
    Pros: 19 to 23MPG fully loaded, Tight turning radius, 480 to 500mi between fillups.
    Cons: Turbo issues(Seals, manifold, and solenoid on one rig alone, most have had a new manifold fitted), very expensive. Transmission issues (wandering shift points after 120K, after servicing), falls into limp mode. Oil must be left intentionally 1 quart low, or goes into HI PRESS lockout/limp mode.

Electrical gremlins for rear lights/dome overrides don't work.
    Sliding door can't be easily cleaned of debris in track, leading to sliding door not fully latching... Its a Mercedes based drivetrain, thus only some dealers have equip to work on them..
    I'd take a f150 van/V8, an Isuzu box van, or even a longbed toyota pickup with a electricians shell on it, if it were up to me.
    You forgot to say they are just ugly looking trucks and to damn high.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    You forgot to say they are just ugly looking trucks and to damn high.
    This is true. I've forgotten about that many a time going through a drive thru.

I've got an older one.

Pros: Great mileage. Roomy, feels like I carry a lot more stuff. Drives smooth, unless you're behind a semi - then you'll be bouncing around. My diesel goes 10k between oil changes.

Cons: When it breaks, it breaks BAD. Turbo went in mine, that took a few days and mucho $$$$$$. Recently the rear baked, so that's another week I'm going to be driving the company clunker.

Got it with 100k on it, put another 120k on it. Its been dependable until recently, but what can you expect with a van with 220k hard service miles? The AC and heat still work, and it still starts up every morning. Short of a blown engine, I'll probably be driving this until the frame rots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_1963 View Post
    This is true. I've forgotten about that many a time going through a drive thru.

I've got an older one.

Pros: Great mileage. Roomy, feels like I carry a lot more stuff. Drives smooth, unless you're behind a semi - then you'll be bouncing around. My diesel goes 10k between oil changes.

Cons: When it breaks, it breaks BAD. Turbo went in mine, that took a few days and mucho $$$$$$. Recently the rear baked, so that's another week I'm going to be driving the company clunker.

Got it with 100k on it, put another 120k on it. Its been dependable until recently, but what can you expect with a van with 220k hard service miles? The AC and heat still work, and it still starts up every morning. Short of a blown engine, I'll probably be driving this until the frame rots.
    Gives you a good excuse to go inside. And by the heat "working", it must be fully isolated from the cargo area, or it takes a half hour to warm up .
    TLR - They're okay, but they have their issues. I'd prefer a longer one for more supplies/stock in the back. With the rack I think it's 8' 6" tall.