Here's the link:

http://hvac.buildcentral.com/classif...-0A4D9353D9C1}

Central Plant Operator position in Fort Worth, Texas. 220 ton centrifugal chillers, 125 hp boilers, air handlers with VFD's and VAV's, steam to steam humidification, cold storage facility on site, JCI Metasys in process of being upgraded to Extended Architecture, etc. Mellow working atmosphere, very good benefits.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

this job is a good oppertunity here is my problem they ask for ref. in this trade you start giving out refrences you will find your self unemployed. do they offer any kind of relocation pkg.

I have never burned any bridges and have always used my passed employers as references.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

coow whip I to am in mi. and have been doing this for 11 years what you say may be true but i have learned in this state if your looking be carefull there are a lot of people that will stab you in the back to bad to its a great trade to be in if you get into a good shop with a team attitude

Originally posted by temp rise
    this job is a good oppertunity here is my problem they ask for ref. in this trade you start giving out refrences you will find your self unemployed. do they offer any kind of relocation pkg.
    Hmmm...I managed to land this spot, giving references on my resume...my previous employer was completely in the dark until after I had job offer in hand and informed them. In fact, they asked me to stay a week longer than the customary two week notice period so I could help the new guy get hired and adjusted.

I'm not aware of a relocation package. I'll look into it.

Today I got my summertime kick-butt chiller buttoned back up after punching tubes on the condenser side. Put her online and she took off running like a champ. This week we are expecting our Metasys upgrade to move toward completion. Many other things loom on the horizon...filter changes, cooling tower cleaning, other projects pending that time is marginal to tackle...never a dull moment and I could use a hand!

• HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

Inquired about relocation package...answer was it's a possibility and negotiable.

Anyone interested, send in a resume. My boss is looking to hire soon.

Wish you were closer...

Just what I'm looking for...

For the life of me, I can't understand why my wife wants to stay here in ground zero (i hate that term) post-Katrina-land on the MS Gulf Coast, but she does...

My resume matches the job description...

'Course, if the price is right...who knows...

shophound

I'd like to discuss what you do and how you got there. I've read some of your other posts about being a facility HVAC supervisor. I know some of you ole timers round here will roll your eyes when I say this, but I think that is my calling (right now).

Anyway, I want to become a FM eventually. Any suggestions on how to get there would be appreciated. Thanks. Rob.

Spike,

My email addy's in my pro creds. Drop me a line.

FWIW, I didn't think when I first heard about the job I now have my wife would want me to go for it, since it involved relocation and all that entails. I mentioned it in passing over dinner at our favorite Tex Mex place, she stopped eating and said, "Are you kidding? Send in a resume!"

Ya never know...